VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I know it is logical but would PTSD affect a persons Blood pressure? I had a guy in my group the other night who is SC for PTSD and he said he got his Hypertension connected to his PTSD. Any Ideas of if this is logical? I know that if something that is not SC and it agrivates a SC condition it is rated as if the Non SC were SC. Am I right on this? Have a good day I was wondering if anyone had heard of it.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello I know it is logical but would PTSD affect a persons Blood pressure? I had a guy in my group the other night who is SC for PTSD and he said he got his Hypertension connected to his PTSD. Any Ideas of if this is logical? I know that if something that is not SC and it agrivates a SC condition it is rated as if the Non SC were SC. Am I right on this? Have a good day I was wondering if anyone had heard of it.

Oldman,

Blood pressure can be affected by anything that causes a physical or mental stress to the body. There is a vast amount of research that has proven this to be true. So yes it is possible to SC hypertension secondary to PTSD.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

Oldman, This is Loma Linda Bill, and I have the same, so let me know and please e-mail me at the following:

wm_thurman@yahoo.com

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

Numerous studies have pointed to PTSD having a direct relationship to increased BP but the VA has continued not to accept those studies. The VA is just waiting for more of us to die off, before they approve it. Imagine how many claims there will be when approved! Generally, you'll need an IMO to win the connection. You can win, tho. jmo

pr

This sounds terribly familiar...My claim for HTN secondary to PTSD went in this direction...Filed claim...waited, they wanted proof, ie HTN diagnosis Got it...meds, Take them, Range, Documented...so they schedule a C&P no records or files sent to examiner, just one little piece of paper to do exam for HTN and see if linked to PTSD(she showed me the paper) she notes elevated B/P times 2 during exam...she notes definate cooralation...she notifies VARO, they say wait don't make a decision, we want to get a new C&P via BH as PTSD is behavioral condition...therefore psych trumps medsurg for medical conditions...here I sit and wait for VARO to notify VAMC to scchedule C&P with BH for my HTN.

This is mickey mouse go around and stall!! :lol: