VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Testing Records Missing

Rate this question

gent68

Question

I needs some assistance in trying to track down my Gulf War Medical Records Jacket. Here is some background. First this was conducted while I was on Active Duty. In "93 I received a letter from the Department of the Army instructing me to report to my medical hospital (Brook Army Medical Center) for Gulf War Testing. Well, after being two weeks as an In-patient, one pint of blood taken, two CT Scans, MRI, and numerous specialty Dr appts later, they compiled two volumes of records. When asked where the documents were going, they said "To the GW study panel". The only instructions give were to follow up with the specialty Dr for my issues. And that was that. Years later, more mature, and still having problems for some of the issues identified during my testing, I have not been able to track down those records. I've attempted the GW Registry, St. Louis, Fort Sam TMC, and BAMC, with no results. I have been able to track down some of the specialty Dr reports from the follow-ups, but not the ones from the GW records. I started the attempt to find them three years before I retired from active duty in "09.

If anyone has ran into this problem, or can provide me information on additionaly avenues, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Gent68,

I was part of the Gulf War Study, starting in 1993 at Salisbury VA, NC. I have on multiple times attempted to locate my medical records from this study, to no avail. I have requested several times for that site to look through archived files and they state they cannot find them. the funny thing is I still get the Gulf war review publication, however nobody shows that i was part of the study...very frustrating. I feel your pain. most of my symptoms(rashes on chest, swelling hands and feet, etc) are well documete dint he file. however, at the time i was a young dumb kid and did not think to make copies or knew how to file a claim....

Matt

I think you both may be refering to the CCEP (Comprehensive Clinical Evaluation Program), those files have been moved around and are now handled by the MPR division of the National Archieves (National Archieves-MPR) You have to specificly request ANY AND ALL medical records to include CCEP notes, diagnostic, reports, and results. But I requested this and recevied what they suppostedly had and parts of my file were missing or redone.

Make sure to request a copy of your personal file with all records and no abstrracts. and read the memo on their website about that.

Hope that helps.

Frank Clark

Gent68,

I was part of the Gulf War Study, starting in 1993 at Salisbury VA, NC. I have on multiple times attempted to locate my medical records from this study, to no avail. I have requested several times for that site to look through archived files and they state they cannot find them. the funny thing is I still get the Gulf war review publication, however nobody shows that i was part of the study...very frustrating. I feel your pain. most of my symptoms(rashes on chest, swelling hands and feet, etc) are well documete dint he file. however, at the time i was a young dumb kid and did not think to make copies or knew how to file a claim....

Matt