VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ssdi

Rate this question

Mooshi

Question

I have a question on this combination. I am 30% disabled for PTSD and just recently got my Fully Favorable letter for SSDI after the third try. Since my VA paperwork means nothing to the SSA, does my SSDI letter mean anything to the VA? I am basically asking if I can now raise my 30% rating for PTSD now that I got a Fully Favorable letter from the SSA. Also am I eligible for anything else? Do I also file for SSI while I am waiting the 30 to 60 days for my pay rate for SSDI or what do I do?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I went to the VA and DAV when I got my Fully Favorable decision. It was before I got my award letter. The DAV rep would not even look at my letter and never offered me ANY form. I have no idea what TDIU is but will look into it and the form you mentioned. Thanks for all the help! More to follow.

Mooshi

I went to VA today and was told since I am only 30% SC PTSD I can't even apply for TDIU since I am not at least 60%??? The lady "helping" me didn't even want to take and make a copy of my fully favorable letter or my award letter from Social Security Administration. I finally told her I wanted to submit the paperwork as evidence to try to get an increase in my rating.

What the heck is going on there in VA? I am getting more and more frustrated every time I go there. I feel like every time I go to VA the people with the cushy jobs could give a crap about the rest of us. No wonder a lot of people just give up. I love how we got used for our service and then just tossed to the side when they are done with us. I feel like an NFL player that never made the monster salary but got used for all the work!

Mooshi

For those that know a lot more about this than I do...

Since Mooshi's at 30% and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, could he ask for a PTSD rating increase based on his SSDI determination and the exams they did?