VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabled

Rate this question

Lee Mullins

Question

Hi my name is Bob I have a? I am 100% Pt with unemployable both of my knees are messed up I wear braces on them if I haft to walk a lot it is hard for me to do so my knees swell up some and I have a lot of joint pain I was wondering if I would be eligible for a scooter what needs to be done to try and get one if or what does it take to try to obtain one so that it is easier on me to go to places with my wife

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask your VA Primary Doc for a prescription or consult. I am not sure if you can get one or not but you have to ask.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lee I have a power chair and the procedure I had to go thru wasmy primary care doc recommended it, and then it went to a 3 doctor baord that has to approve it at this VAMC and the docs have to be 2-1 or 3-0 for it or they will not approve the issuing of it, at Augusta Ga VAMC there are a lot of veterans with the scooters and power chairs at Dorn VA you seldom see any vets with scooters or power chairs, and walkers are even more odd to see, but at Dorm you see a lot of vets with the long pole like crutches with braces, but in Augusta there are a lot of vets with walkers, it seems to be more of the hospital management and policy on issuing quality of life equipment than any thing else some hospitals seem to be better at it than others....good luck

I work with the VA alot in getting scooters and wheelchairs. All you have to do is ask for a consult to the wheelchair clinic. You can do this by calling the Tel Care number and they can send a note to your PC doctor.

The VA will also provide a lift for your vehicle and a ramp to get in and out of your house if needed. If you see a Vet with something that might be assistace to you in your daily activities just ask your PCD for a consult for it.

There are many programs that the VA has that are either not promoted or lack of information for the Vet.

As a former employee of the VA Health Care System I have some knowledge of the programs. Fell free to email me and I will be glad to help any Vet's that may need assistance.

There are many programs that the VA has that are either not promoted or lack of information for the Vet.

As a former employee of the VA Health Care System I have some knowledge of the programs. Fell free to email me and I will be glad to help any Vet's that may need assistance.

dolfanbls,

GOOD JOB - THANKS FOR YOUR POST !

carlie