VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confused

Rate this question

Spent warrior

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

P and T applies if Chapter 35 benefits are used.

Spent warrior are you P and T and is yourkids getting Chapter 35 benefits. If you are P and T and not using this benefit then you may be losing money by paying tuition.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

As far as I know, VA stops paying, for children, on their 18th birthday, unless they are still attending high school. If the child is attending college prior to age 18 the VA still pays until the 18th birthday. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

pr

I'm not 100%, am 80%. Son goes to college and I guess that has just been approved. Havn't seen it in my check yet.

Son's college tuition paid by state if go to state school (he does). nothing for rooming, books, etc.

thanks guys

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are TDIU you are 100%, either way you want to look at it. Depending on state, student may go free, reduced whatever to state support college. ALSO, if you have Chapter 35 college student should get his/her own check from Uncle Sam for $900+ per month. Take some paper work, but most colleges have Veterans Officer. Need to check this out, because one of the better bennies of being 100% P & T, (or TDIU P & T).

I had two in college at same time, so I have been there, done that.

PR I have a child who attends college and I get 240 a month for her. I am not P&T so she does not qualify for chap 35 bennies. The 240 does come to me it is included in my monthly compensation check. Oh yeah she just turned nineteen.

/doc