VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ed Claim

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

I have been informed by the regional board that my increase for HBP and a secondary claim for ED was merged into one claim even though I had to see two separte C&P doctors. The regional board did not tell me why but all they said was it was sent for approval and I should be getting a letter in the mail. could not tell me anything more not even a hint if I was awared or denied. so I sit and wait. My question is can they merged both claims into one? thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I received my award letter from the VA granting me 10% for HBP to include the special monthly compensation. I started out at 0% for HBP it only took 5 years to get this far. so now I'm at 30%

I have been informed by the regional board that my increase for HBP and a secondary claim for ED was merged into one claim even though I had to see two separte C&P doctors. The regional board did not tell me why but all they said was it was sent for approval and I should be getting a letter in the mail. could not tell me anything more not even a hint if I was awared or denied. so I sit and wait. My question is can they merged both claims into one? thanks

Did you file the claims on the same day? If not do you have a time stamped copy of your request for compensation (21-4138). I had what you have happen to me. They combined 2 claims that were filed more than a month apart. I am waiting for the decision so I can take the time stamped copy I have that proves they were filed at different times.

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder
Yes I'am working

Looks like you were done right by VA but be sure and make sure that you are not lowballed. You have a year to decide if you want to appeal