VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

can anyone tell me what the following diagnosis means;

Axis I: PTSD, Depression NOS

Axis II: deferred

Axis III: see problem list above

Axis IV: combat exposure, chronic pain, inadequate coping skills

Axis V: current GAF = 52

I've been trying to read the threads to see if I can figure it out but I can't. I would be grateful to any help available.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi JHilly,

I don't know if this will help you, but you can take a look at it, here.

http://ptsdhelp2000.com/ptsd1.html

AXIS I: MAJOR PSYCHIATRIC ILLNESSES, INCLUDING SUBSTANCE ABUSE.

AXISII: PERSONALITY DISORDERS/FEATURES

AXIS III: PHYSICAL PROBLEMS (MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS-AS OPPOSED TO A PSYCH DIAGNOSIS)

AXIS IV: PSYCHOSOCIAL STRESSORS (homeless, unemployment, marital conflict, etc.)

AXIS V: GLOBAL ASSESSMENT of FUNCTIONING SCALE, expressed as: none, mild, moderate, severe and then it'll have numbers listed to represent, eye movement, or non-eye contact, tearful, fearful, and these kinds of assessments. (0 is a drooling brain dead person, 100 is a perfectly functioning individual.)

can anyone tell me what the following diagnosis means;

Axis I: PTSD, Depression NOS

Axis II: deferred

Axis III: see problem list above

Axis IV: combat exposure, chronic pain, inadequate coping skills

Axis V: current GAF = 52

I've been trying to read the threads to see if I can figure it out but I can't. I would be grateful to any help available.

I might just jump in here and mention that even THE GAF seems to mean different things to different ratings officers...

GAF of 52 may be a 50% on one guys scale, or a 30% on another scale, and then again a 70% on another examiners scale he uses in his mind...

Then aganin I have read the the GAF is not to be used as a actual result for the disability % the GAF is supposed to be used as one of the tools and the rest of the other 4 other AXIS

Flip a coin..... or wait..

Edited by vperl

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you able to work and do you get any form of disability. A GAF of 52 is borderline but it is just an opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

vperl - can't be 80%, as PTSD is only rated 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% OR 100%. Also the "examiner" doesn't do the rating but you're correct otherwise.

pr

I might just jump in here and mention that even THE GAF seems to mean different things to different examiners...

GAF of 52 may be a 50% on one guys scale, or a 30% on another scale, and then again a 80% on another examiners scale he uses in his mind...

Then aganin I have read the the GAF is not to be used as a actual result for the disability % the GAF is supposed to be used as one of the tools and the rest of the other 4 other AXIS

• HadIt.com Elder

vperl - can't be 80%, as PTSD is only rated 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% OR 100%. Also the "examiner" doesn't do the rating but you're correct otherwise.

pr

I might just jump in here and mention that even THE GAF seems to mean different things to different examiners...

GAF of 52 may be a 50% on one guys scale, or a 30% on another scale, and then again a 80% on another examiners scale he uses in his mind...