VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requirements For Reporting To Va

Rate this question

LarryW

Question

I am a DAV on PDRL with 60%. I have been retired since '96 and have had med treatment (incl surgeries) for my disability at civ hospitals/doctors, but nothing at a VA Med facility.

Does anyone know if I am supposed to report my treatment to the VA? Does the VA need to have copies of all my treatment/surgeries?

Thanks with all respects.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are not required but I have 2 things. Keep copies of all medical records and treatments and at least get into the VA system and get a Primary Care Physician and visit at least annually.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Download VA Form 10-10EZ (from the "forms" heading at www.va.gov).

Fill it out and either mail it to your nearest VA Medical Center, or, if you are near to one, just take it in. They'll take the form, take your picture, and issue you an identification card (you'll have to go in, sooner or later, anyway, to get your picture taken for your card, so might as well just take the form on in).

They will set you up with your initial visit to your "Primary Care Physician", just as Pete said.

At this initial meeting, I would bring all necessary medical issues up, just so's that the doctor will know what has been going on with you in the past.

It will be up to your PCP as to what documentation that they want to see, if any.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use