VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stuck..denied Iu Infeasible For Voc Rehab

Rate this question

nsallies

Question

I am 50% for depression/anxiety/agoraphobia and 30% for migraines. Havent been able to get any job since 2005. Filed for IU Aug08 was denied..tried for Voc. Rehab and was found eligible but infesibile due to SC disabilities...what now? IM STUCK.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Have you applied for SMC for Housebound in regards to your agoraphobia??? Just a thought, it will help you out with an extra $320 per month.

Also have you applied for Independent living program through Voc Rehab. This is for those that don't qualify for voc rehab retraining and they can help in other way.

Do you have anything left on you GI BILL for schooling?

You are only eligible for P&T with TDIU if you can't work and your disability will never improve AT ALL. Although a doc needs to state this, trhe VA doesn't always go along with the doc recommendation.

You will need to apply for TDIU wait for that, and see if they schedule you for a future re-evaluatiom.

Have you applied for SMC for Housebound in regards to your agoraphobia??? Just a thought, it will help you out with an extra $320 per month.

Also have you applied for Independent living program through Voc Rehab. This is for those that don't qualify for voc rehab retraining and they can help in other way.

Do you have anything left on you GI BILL for schooling?

You are only eligible for P&T with TDIU if you can't work and your disability will never improve AT ALL. Although a doc needs to state this, trhe VA doesn't always go along with the doc recommendation.

You will need to apply for TDIU wait for that, and see if they schedule you for a future re-evaluatiom.

Voc rehab stated they see no Independent living needs..what would the SC be for, I mean how would I state it in a letter?

Submit the Voc Rehab denial and ask for TDIU to be reconsidered. You might ask Voc Rehab to look into ILP Program. They will interview you and try to help you out with something that will improve your quality of life.

RE-READ THIS ABOVE.

YOU NEED A VRE COUNSELOR TO STATE THAT YOU ARE UNEMPLOYABLE WITH YOUR CURRENT SC CONDITION(s)! ONCE THAT IS DONE, THEN YOU WILL BE A GRANTED TDIU!

TRUST ME I KNOW! I JUST GOT SAID LETTER AND IT GOT ME MY TDIU plus P&T! GOOD LUCK!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you got 70% you can get IU. You may have to do a few IMO's but you will get there is you can get a doctor to say you are IU solely due to SC conditions. I did it.