VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams

Rate this question

rikkor

Question

Good morning my fellow Soldiers in Arms.

Before I ask my question I'd like to thank all of you for your continued support, without this forum and your knowledgeable help Id have been lost!

I just recently completed ie. 3/6/10 (3) c&p exams PTSD, xray and ortho.

Id like to know how soon my results/ records will be available to view.

Id like to know where is it that I request these records? Currently@ 60% service connected, the mental health exam went fairly well and I think i will receive 50 or 70% for the PTSD if not low balled.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If you had your C & P exams in the VAMC, you can go to the release of information office and sign a release form and they will mail it to you when it is ready or give it to you if it is completed.

If you had QTC C & P exams then you will have to go to the VARO release of information office and sign the form and they will mail it to you. This may take a lot longer than if you had your C & Ps at the hospital, reason is if you're C & P exams were QTC then the exams must go back/printed at the regional office and attached to your file. If you request a copy of the exams VA will have to reprint it or make copies of the C & P exams and mail them to you. Basically, you sign the form and it goes in a stack of forms request for exams and waits it turn to be printed or copied to be mailed to you.

If I am off someone else will chime in

Hope the best

Edited by pacmanx1

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Normally, if go to the Release of Information Office, they can print off the C&P results once they are entered. In some cases, I call ahead to my VAMC ROI office and they print and insert my records into an envelope, so I just drop in, show ID, and pick them up in person.

Please be aware that the results of the PTSD exam, or any other MH-related records, will most likely need to be approved by someone in the MH clinic, maybe the doctor who performed the exam. Expect that to take anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks. I have found the only way around this is to ask the MH doc to explicitly state this in the records.