VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difficulty In Filing Ptsd Due To Mst(long But Plz Help)

Rate this question

Hialeah

Question

I hope someone can offer a workable suggestion. I have been attempting for 9 years to file a claim for PTSD due to multiple incidents of MST. I've made slow progress. I placed a phone call which confirmed the worthiness of my claim. I tried to enter the VA hospital and failed. Next accompanied by a nurse i did enter, only to leave. Several years later I barely made it in to get a va card made and receive a Rx for PTSD (Zoloft). During this my marriage failed due mostly to the PTSD. Years later after I lost my job (due to PTSD). I managed again only with a nurse helping me; to continue to get zoloft. Eventually, after losing my home, I managed to have a few visits with the head of the MST dept. This only after rescheduling my initial visit many times. I would have to leave when I would have major panic attacks just trying to sit in the waiting area. Eventually I was allowed to skip the initial processing and see the Dr. I only lasted a handful of times as I began having many sleepless nights and increased anxiety it wasn't worth it. Now my question. I was able to give accounts of many of the incidents to this Dr. There were multiple but she heard the majority. I don't have a record of actual reports of the incidents as I did not want anyone to know. However I was seen multiple times for "stomach problems". I was even admitted to the base hospital and "surprise, surprise" My symptoms went away and the tests showed nothing! I was given 2 weeks conv. leave on release, which I recently read in my record was not for any "medical" reason. The Dr stated that he felt my symptoms were psychological in nature! I also have in record where I went to sick call and asked to be tested for std's. I stated that my "boyfriend" was rumored to have something. I did not have a boyfriend. To my relief the tests came back all negative. However ironically the Dr. had started me on antibiotics due to my "exam". I appeared in severe pain and what he did see was very "irritated". This Dr never suspected anything. Since my 9 years of service I have been admitted by ambulance to the cardiac wing for observation from the er, only to find that my heart was quite healthy. I think these were major panic attacks. This was when my Dr started me on zoloft. I also suffer from migraines (1st diagnosed in service) high bloodpressure and asthma. My stomach problems have also continued.

***Is it possible with current records and documents to file a claim without subjecting myself to the anxiety of once again visiting the VA? This is long but if anyone has any suggestions please help.(A major factor for me is that 1 indiv. involved retired near me, I barely leave my house for fear of seeing him.) I have lost basically everything. My marriage, job and home.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I hope someone can offer a workable suggestion. I have been attempting for 9 years to file a claim for PTSD due to multiple incidents of MST. I've made slow progress. I placed a phone call which confirmed the worthiness of my claim. I tried to enter the VA hospital and failed. Next accompanied by a nurse i did enter, only to leave. Several years later I barely made it in to get a va card made and receive a Rx for PTSD (Zoloft). During this my marriage failed due mostly to the PTSD. Years later after I lost my job (due to PTSD). I managed again only with a nurse helping me; to continue to get zoloft. Eventually, after losing my home, I managed to have a few visits with the head of the MST dept. This only after rescheduling my initial visit many times. I would have to leave when I would have major panic attacks just trying to sit in the waiting area. Eventually I was allowed to skip the initial processing and see the Dr. I only lasted a handful of times as I began having many sleepless nights and increased anxiety it wasn't worth it. Now my question. I was able to give accounts of many of the incidents to this Dr. There were multiple but she heard the majority. I don't have a record of actual reports of the incidents as I did not want anyone to know. However I was seen multiple times for "stomach problems". I was even admitted to the base hospital and "surprise, surprise" My symptoms went away and the tests showed nothing! I was given 2 weeks conv. leave on release, which I recently read in my record was not for any "medical" reason. The Dr stated that he felt my symptoms were psychological in nature! I also have in record where I went to sick call and asked to be tested for std's. I stated that my "boyfriend" was rumored to have something. I did not have a boyfriend. To my relief the tests came back all negative. However ironically the Dr. had started me on antibiotics due to my "exam". I appeared in severe pain and what he did see was very "irritated". This Dr never suspected anything. Since my 9 years of service I have been admitted by ambulance to the cardiac wing for observation from the er, only to find that my heart was quite healthy. I think these were major panic attacks. This was when my Dr started me on zoloft. I also suffer from migraines (1st diagnosed in service) high bloodpressure and asthma. My stomach problems have also continued.

***Is it possible with current records and documents to file a claim without subjecting myself to the anxiety of once again visiting the VA? This is long but if anyone has any suggestions please help.(A major factor for me is that 1 indiv. involved retired near me, I barely leave my house for fear of seeing him.) I have lost basically everything. My marriage, job and home.

I will try okay

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

I have panic disorder and it it were not for the depression that came with it they would have never gotten me into the hospital.

My suggestion is to call the VAMC and ask to speak to a patient advocate and explain your situation. They may have resources to help you.

You can do it others have so you are not alone.

Hialeah,

Welcome to Hadit.

The MST claim sounds like it will be very difficult

to prove - but I am not saying don't file and fight for it.

Unless you have funds and or private insurance then

yes, I would say you will need to continue to go to a VAMC for

medical care.

You might want to check out the Vet Centers in your area,

they are located away from the VAMC campuses.

Also, you can request same sex medical providers.

jmho,

carlie

Here's a link to Vet Center info:

http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/

There is a MST coordinator at the Regional Office. Once you contact that individual your case will be handled under a special program. The results are tracked by Central Office. Hint, Hint.