VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Benefits Question

teejay53

Question

after my appointment with the ss disability doctor yesterday, i got the impression from them that the va would give a better check each month than ssd and i probably should turn down ssd if i were approved before the va decision.

my husband's doctor faxed a letter to the va in st. paul this past saturday connecting all the dots for his service connected death and as the dav rep shared with me after he read the letter ... no way in hooterville can they turn the claim down. there is not a shadow of doubt his death is service connected.

your imput is appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

My name is John Simon my e-mail is jsimonlmartin@msn.com. I don't know if i am at the right spot or not. I am sorry if I am.

Anyway I need some HELP!!!!!

I file a claim when i lived in Boston in 2003 for Hypertension-and denied. I wrote a letter in 2006 to Senator Bill Nelson and the late Senator Kennedy and was able to get my file re-opened.

The claim was again denied and I then went and got an attorny who file the claim.

I got a letter from the VA out of Bay Pine,Florida saying that the case is at the rating board.

I have NEVER had a C&P examination. I have all tpes of medicals to support my claim both private and VA.

Since then I have also had a stroke, been diagnosed with Hep C. Air Gun injection form the service related and have stage IV kidney-Renal.

I placed claims for both the Hep C and renal as secondary to the Hypertensive Cardiovascular Dieseases case.

Should I be contacting the VA to get a C&P our will they schedual one at some point?

Also does any one know what type of diability rating one may get from all of the problem I have

Thank you for this wounderul sight and allowing me to be a part of it. May God Bless our troops!!!

Were you diagnosed with HBP or hypertensive heart disease in the service?

Did your private medical opinions mention the SMRs (service medical records) as showing HBP in service?

Are you an incountry Vietnam veteran?

Have your doctors ruled out diabetes mellitus as the etiology of these disabilities?

99.9 % of all claims get a C & P exam.

If they have not scheduled you for one and you are in rating already-that is a bad sign to me.

Did the private doctor's opinions you had fully comply with the IMO criteria here under the IMO forum?

I assume that is what you meant here:

"I have all tpes of medicals to support my claim both private and VA."