VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Sepulveda - Questions

Rate this topic

VAMC Sepulveda

I presently live in the Philippines, however, next year about this time will be taking an extended vacation to the Ventura County area in CA. Wondering if anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with VAMC Sepulveda? All the usual questions apply so I can get a feel for first time checking in procedures and getting all of my appointments started. What is the usual wait time for an initial PCP visit?

Any information on the drive, especially time, from VC to the VAMC would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

MACS (Ret)

Good judgment comes from experience,

and a lot of that comes from bad judgment

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete53, good info but what I was looking for was that veteran personal touch, you know the 'Been There Done That' sorta thing.

Actually guess I should have called it West Los Angeles Healthcare Center, located at 11301 Wilshire Blvd.

jOE

• HadIt.com Elder

Over the years I have heard good things about VA in Southern California. I bet its better than what you have now.All I can speak to is Texas CA's and thankfully they are improving.

Pete53, thanks for your reply. Here in the PI we don't have a VAMC only an OPC meaning NO INPATIENT care and you are only treated for S/C disabilities.

I started going to OPC, Manila in 1996 and I thought for the most part it was excellent. The doctors and staff are pretty much the same and I like that as they have always cared. Over the years there have been many changes, some just for the sake of change, but we now have a new Clinic Manager and he seems alright, we veterans are expecting a turn around in some of the 'SOP' previously implemented. Wish us luck Brother.

jOE

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad that they are doing better. We used to have a Member who had hell with that clinic and VA.

In my opinion the VA is improving in a lot of places but still has a way to go.