VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Sepulveda - Questions

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

Welcome to hadit MACS,

Ventura is beautiful. Sometimes it gets a little cold and foggy. They might get you to light smug pots, if you are able and willing some times of the year, to help keep the orange crops from damage. My cousins always participated.

It is about 60 minutes from VC to 11000 Wilshire Blvd (VARO and next to medical center) depending on traffic and what time you go. It is a great hospital. I was amazed that my X-ray wait was less than 10 minutes, when I was there a few years ago. It is as efficient hospital. Long Beach, CA. VAMC is a little slower.

I would suggest that you do not go the the West Los Angeles mental health clinic, up on the hill, which is across the freeway from the main VAMC. Maybe you should go there, if you have time, just to see what I am talking about, and then you could report back. Dr. Hartman, psychologist at the West LA VAMC was very good, but it took me over a month to see him. The Gamut of people to go through is ridiculous. Walk ins will find out that you have an appointment and cut in front of you, because there is no organization and the barriers put up. These regular patient cutters know how to slip right in. You could wait many hours if you do not understand this. It is hard for them to sort out the homeless from the schemers. There are many dedicated people at this mental health clinic, but it seems that the place has a mind of it own that is extremely paranoid. As you are leaving the building and going to your car, you will feel like looking over your shoulder all the way back. Now shake off this last paragraph.

Dental, in Los Angeles, is the comparable to Fayetteville, Arkansas. They are the best I have ever seen in my life. The LA dental clinic has the most dedicated people and are willing to help with painful tooth problems at any moment. I can't say enough about these people. Vision is in the same building as dental, and the clinic was generous getting glasses to Veterans, in 2004.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to hadit MACS,

Ventura is beautiful. Sometimes it gets a little cold and foggy. They might get you to light smug pots, if you are able and willing some times of the year, to help keep the orange crops from damage. My cousins always participated.

It is about 60 minutes from VC to 11000 Wilshire Blvd (VARO and next to medical center) depending on traffic and what time you go. It is a great hospital. I was amazed that my X-ray wait was less than 10 minutes, when I was there a few years ago. It is as efficient hospital. Long Beach, CA. VAMC is a little slower.

I would suggest that you do not go the the West Los Angeles mental health clinic, up on the hill, which is across the freeway from the main VAMC. Maybe you should go there, if you have time, just to see what I am talking about, and then you could report back. Dr. Hartman, psychologist at the West LA VAMC was very good, but it took me over a month to see him. The Gamut of people to go through is ridiculous. Walk ins will find out that you have an appointment and cut in front of you, because there is no organization and the barriers put up. These regular patient cutters know how to slip right in. You could wait many hours if you do not understand this. It is hard for them to sort out the homeless from the schemers. There are many dedicated people at this mental health clinic, but it seems that the place has a mind of it own that is extremely paranoid. As you are leaving the building and going to your car, you will feel like looking over your shoulder all the way back. Now shake off this last paragraph.

Dental, in Los Angeles, is the comparable to Fayetteville, Arkansas. They are the best I have ever seen in my life. The LA dental clinic has the most dedicated people and are willing to help with painful tooth problems at any moment. I can't say enough about these people. Vision is in the same building as dental, and the clinic was generous getting glasses to Veterans, in 2004.

Good luck

Stretch,

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard shipmate. Do agree about Venture County being one beautiful place and about the weather. I was stationed there, then CBC now NBVC Port Hueneme, and loved it.

Very sorry for the late reply, guess I'm having problems with receiving tracking notifications. Your reply was top shelf, printed it out and have it in my VC folder, which I will hopefully be using next year.

Actually a 60 min travel time to the Wilshire VAMC doesn't sound too bad. Do you have an idea of about how long, at present, does it take to get your initial PCP appointment? Going to be using all of their services and hopefully can get all of the initial check-up appointment with some specials such as mental health. Again, thanks for tip on the line jumpers, hope I don't have a run-in... a bit short tempered and that gets me into trouble from time to time. At least knowing that upfront it won't hit me that hard/unexpected. You can bet I will be watching over my shoulder when walking to my car or sitting in the lobby, always am.

Great news about dental, have a serious need for them, same goes for the eye clinic.

Let me say again... Sorry for the late reply.

Your shipmate in the PI,

jOE

Good judgment comes from experience,

and a lot of that comes from bad judgment