VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

I filed for compensation in August 2004. I was denied with the reason being that I failed to show up for my c & p exam. I filed an appeal in November of 2004 but I haven't heard anything since. I went back to the VA in October 2009 and since October I have been receiving/going to my exams. In reviewing my paperwork for my appointments I discovered that I had a Perisan Gulf Compansation and Pension exam in August 2004.

I thought this might be the exam the VA said I missed. I called the DAV who told me that it did not matter because I only had 1 year when I got denied to address it. What mattered now is when I re-applied in October 2009. Does the original appeal matter?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
jhilly - if you don't have a complete copy of your c-file you need to get one. You need to check the status of the '04 appeal, to see if the VA actually received it. Ignore your DAV rep - seems lazy to me. As for the denial, for failure to attend the C&P, if in fact you did have a C&P exam then you may have a CUE, which makes your DAV reps info wrong. You need to get a copy of your c-file and let us know what you find. Then we can direct you better.

pr

Ditto