VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do? Please Advise

Rate this question

nbll01

Question

I filed a claim threw the DAV for 7 total conditions. I received one exam for my ears (which really wasn't one of the things I filed on). I never received any other exams and received a denial letter across the board for all things I claimed on. is this right? or even legal how can I be denied on service connection and disability without even being seen or examined?? PLEASE someone help. I have been out a considerable amount of time and have rarely went to civilian doctors as I could never afford treatment and was unaware I could go to the VA for treatment. Thanks in advance for any and all help

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I filed a claim about 6 months ago threw the DAV in phoenix. I received one exam for my ears (which wasn't even one of my claims). I checked and wasn't scheduled for any other exams. I filed for 7 separate service connected disabilities. I contacted the VA and was told that they needed to check my records to see if any service relation was valid. Then they would schedule the other exams. I received a denial letter in the mail this past Friday straight across the board on everything. I don't have any civilian medical records as I have never been able to afford treatment and didn't have insurance. The handful of times I have gotten treatment it seems the doctors or clinics have since vanished so getting medical records vanished as well. I went to medical multiple times for the things Ive filed on and its notated in the paperwork I received with my denial. One of my main questions is this even legal how can they deny I have anything wrong if they haven't even given me a C&P exam for them. What would I need to do for my next move (NOD, APPEAL) I appreciate all and any help Thanks Dave

apparently your claims were weak enough to be fast tracked to the denial can. do you have a vso? you need to good one to help this along the way with good nexus and medical documentation . a good srtong claim is what triggers exams. resubmit with heavier proof.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to post the reasons and bases for the denial(s). There can be many legal reasons for the denial(s).

pr

I filed a claim threw the DAV for 7 total conditions. I received one exam for my ears (which really wasn't one of the things I filed on). I never received any other exams and received a denial letter across the board for all things I claimed on. is this right? or even legal how can I be denied on service connection and disability without even being seen or examined?? PLEASE someone help. I have been out a considerable amount of time and have rarely went to civilian doctors as I could never afford treatment and was unaware I could go to the VA for treatment. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Great point Jim

apparently your claims were weak enough to be fast tracked to the denial can. do you have a vso? you need to good one to help this along the way with good nexus and medical documentation . a good srtong claim is what triggers exams. resubmit with heavier proof.

I too filed a claim for degenerative discs and scarred lungs at the Phoenix VARO and received the same treatment. Denied and refused because there was no record in my SMR file. My SMR file was burned in ST. Louis in 1973 and they knew this up front. I spent my entire time on the front line in Combat on detached service to Infantry and I know for a absolute fact there are no x ray machines, no dentists, no doctors, no nurses up front. Only a lonely Medic who comes when called anytime you need medical attention DAY or Nite. If you have a back ache, stomach ache, head ache, cough, flue, or WANT TO GO HOME the Medic will give you APC's ( All purpose Capsule) and no record is kept but you are receiving medical treatment. Only if you have a tramatic or bleeding injury will a record be made and the big M for morphine on your forehead before transport out of the combat zone. I know this for a fact as I was that Combat Medic with the CMB and three battle stars. The Phoenix VARO denies just about everything the first time out. Do not give up. It took me almost four years for the Phoenix VARO to finally agree that I am married and finally paid retro active to my filing date. Gods Speed and Good Luck

1s1j524