VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amlodipine Besylate

Rate this topic

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, e is taking 40mg Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate 100mg 2x a day, Amlodipine Besylate 10mg once a day, (that relaced felodipine which I think they took off the formulary) and takes Losartan 100mg once a day. His bp is still 160/100. Any body taking this much or are taking something else? His pcp does not have a handle on this. He does not use salt and watches his diet. They wonder why he stays so tired all the time!! Go figure. Maybe some lay person out there knows more than his doc does. He can't take a water pill. Thanks, Carolyn

Hello all, e is taking 40mg Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate 100mg 2x a day, Amlodipine Besylate 10mg once a day, (that relaced felodipine which I think they took off the formulary) and takes Losartan 100mg once a day. His bp is still 160/100. Any body taking this much or are taking something else? His pcp does not have a handle on this. He does not use salt and watches his diet. They wonder why he stays so tired all the time!! Go figure. Maybe some lay person out there knows more than his doc does. He can't take a water pill. Thanks, Carolyn

I take it he has IHD

does he have any metal medical devices in him?

Holy shit you just scared me. He doesn't have metal and hasn't been diag. with IHD. He has DMII, PN left leg toes no sensor motor, beginning in right leg & foot, slight in hands. Asthma(they say not sc)had hay fever as a child. High cholorosterol & tryglycrides(300+) takes simvastatin, daily Lantaz & metformin. HBP 4meds.Last yr. thought he had cancer, DR. friend gave free CAT scan, VA wanted us to wait 4 mo. before testing. When they did VA said it was Cat-Scratch-Fever, bullshit, our daughter had that it's only in the lymph nodes in the neck, his was in the groin. With AO you know that will probably be next. Thanks for listening, sometimes he gets scared(he won't admit it), I'm trying to be Nurse Goodbody. Ha. Ha. Carolyn