VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu P/t

Rate this question

veteran for life

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Is it a standard format that the rewards letter state no further exams neccessary for a I/U PT claim. Does any other members have any insight. thanks

vfl,

When IU/PT is granted, VBA will USUALLY put that wording in there.

I, myself would want it in writing.

jmho,

carlie

Not sure what happen there. As I started to type a responded something wierd happen to my screen. Anywho, that is how mine was worded as well it said the same thing no future appointments and they will send you a yearly certification letter to respond whether you have worked within the last 12 months and make sure you return it. I have heard that could be grounds to stop you IU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lately, the VA has been writing that you are considered permanent and total(P&T), however, they may just state no future exams, or Chapter 35 benefits or ChampVA benefits are awarded for your spouse and dependents. They are required to send enclosures about those benefits, if P&T is awarded.

pr

I was just awarded TDIU on April 9th. I received a copy of the rating codes from my Lawyer. It also states no future exams. Its been almost two months, and the VARO is still working my claim, to send me the letter of the rating decision, and retro pay. My effective date is April 07. Is this timelimit normal to receive letter, and retro pay? Thanks

I was just awarded TDIU on April 9th. I received a copy of the rating codes from my Lawyer. It also states no future exams. It's been almost two months, and the VARO is still working my claim, to send me the letter of the rating decision, and retro pay. My effective date is April 07. Is this time limit normal to receive letter, and retro pay? Thanks

To be honest I do not know about TDIU, but when I was awarded 100% P & T schedular, I was awarded on March 16, 2009 retro back to Sept. 2007 and I received my letter on March 20, 2009 and I received the funds in my account on March 23, 2009. I would call my lawyer or call VA to find out what is going on.

Edited by pacmanx1