VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now Lawyers Are Trying To Take Us To Court!

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

Here I am writing for opinions on this: WE won our claim after 12 years pretty much by myself writing letters to Senators and Congressman we had hired a lawyer previous to our DRO hearing who worked for the current ones who are trying to take us to court in a month: Here is a brief sceneario--

We signed a fee agreement they said they couldnt represent us without it

Now they state"they thought we were their friends and never filed the fee agreement" ? "the VA says they never filed the fee agreement/ and then:

I got a letter from the AMC -before the claim was resolved a year and half ago-saying( they )were asking for payment-I said payment for what nothing is closed

They never answered me if they filed for the EAJA

They specified "all monies recovered" and didnt even know how much was due to us in the retro

I asked for an audit from the VA and they should have I think

There is still monies unaccounted for and nothing matches in totals

there is much more to this complicated matter

Now they hired a lawyer to collect from us- we were just enjoying our retirement home-

I am prepared to take them on-

Is this a matter between the VA and them? and why do I have to collect for them

Can they garnish our monthly until the VA pays them ?

all replies welcome Thanks Mrsvet

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sometimes a fight is not a good thing for us. I would call them out and tell them that unless they back down you will take all legal means necessary to defend and that includes providing VA with the evidence that they are way off the reservation. If they have any connection with Veteran Lawyers Organization I would report them and also consider the State Bar where they are licensed.

But its really your deal but a fight like this can really make things difficult

Good Luck

So hi guys here is the latest told you I'd let you know-

Ready-

They came to an agreement with us that was alot less then what they were seeking-

but we had to pay them-

they said they filed a fee agreement-the VA said they never did

they showed me a copy- but I'm not sure if they filed it on time

the accreditation to represent/ came after they came to the BVA hearing-according to the copy I have from them-

I wouldnt stand down on these issues with them why

They didnt recover what they were supposed to-they never even brought up the original date of claim-which now I have to persue

Sometime after the BVA hearing- when I called to check on the status of appeal

the VA told me they seperated the hypertension-from the other 3 issues-

the 3 issues were favorable and decided-

So here we go again;

When the final decision came there were 3 issues decided from the remand PTSD-Left leg-and TDIU/I sent back and checked under advice from attys.-this action satisfies the appeal on all issues-this was 11/16

With that they sent a seperate SSOC- stating: in the reasons and bases

VA PTSD examination related your disability to military service. Therefor a VA examination will be scheduled to evaluate your hypertension and its relationship to your PTSD. Therefore the prior decision regardging service connection remains unchanged at this time

In the response I replied

I have no other information to submit -please return my case to the BVA for consideration as soon as possible. 12/01

the exams were done 11/30 and 12/2

I have a copy it was related to PTSD-and on 12/22 they (RO)closed this out, and a year ago they seperated the hypertension apart from the other 3 issues

WHY WHY??-NOW THEY SENT A LETTER STATING I HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN WITH THIS

I SENT THEM BACK BOTH COPIES THE APPEAL ELECTION

AND THE RESPONSE TO THE SSOC-

NOW WHAT?

THANKS MRSVET