VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What They Decided

Rate this question

JesseCuellar

Question

:) Just wanted to vent my frustration about being denied my claim for PTSD. I dont know what to do now. My life is in shambles and I thought i submitted my claim with the neccessary info to get help. They make it seem like i was not even there during Desert Storm.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

:) Just wanted to vent my frustration about being denied my claim for PTSD. I dont know what to do now. My life is in shambles and I thought i submitted my claim with the neccessary info to get help. They make it seem like i was not even there during Desert Storm.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. Have you and are you still seeing a VA psychologist and psychiatrist ? Are you involved in the PTSD veteran group at the hospital ?

I would discuss this with both your PCP and Psych doctors and tell them what is going on , and ask why they had not supported your PTSD claim . If you have not done so already , I would enlist the assistance of the DAV or other VSO to help you file for reconsideration or a substantive appeal . If you require immediate financial assistance , I would speak with a social worker at the VA Hospital . Best wishes for you and don't give up , all is not lost .

jesse, their motto is to deny...deny So just follow through with an appeal, hand in a NOD and seek info to help you proceed favorable the second time around. Do you have a VSO? You will need to eval your documentation, post here what you have and others will direct you to the avenues to proceed with. NEVER GIVE UP!! They enjoy giving us major roadblocks along the way with their denials...fight the system. Get all your info in order, make sure you have all copies of all your military records(c-file). Hang in there. :)

Go back over your SOC - Statement of the case, and see if they listed all of the evidence you sent them to support your claim. It they did not list the evidence, they did not read it.

I have learned from the Sages here that if they deny your claim and they didn't list all of your evidence submitted by you on the SOC, you have to get them read it.

If they didn't list it, appeal with the same evidence with a Request for Reconsideration or a NOD (Notice of Disagreement) you sent them the first time, and send it again certified mail or deliver in person and get a date stamped copy of everything for your files.

Always remember - to keep your effective date - you must make sure you have filed a NOD within a calendar year even if you file a Reconsideration request first. If you don't NOD, you're effective date of original claim will be lost.

If your evidence was all listed and you lost, get more evidence.

Also remember that YOU are the one that cares about YOUR claim the most. YOU make sure the VSO (if you have one) had and submitted the correct infomation; and YOU make sure the VSO does things properly and timely; and YOU make sure YOU are as educated as you can be about claims and VA law. Don't depend on the VSO to be smart enough or diligent enough to care for YOUR claim as YOU should. YOU are the one ultimately responsible.

If you don't know how to take care of YOUR claim, ask for help after YOU read everything relevant here at Hadit. Read, read, read and read some more.

It is not an overnight battle for success in your claim. Took me six years and three denials to win mine.

Never give up!

Jesse,

My first claim was denied (they seem to do that automatically), and I was told to file for a reconsideration immediately by my psych doctors.

Louis