VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If You Financed Your Home W/va Backed Loan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
If you bought your house with a VA backed loan, you can get all of you funding fee back either in cash or credited as a payment on your loan (depending on wheither you financed the funding fee or paid it out of your pocket), if you meet the following;

Your claim for service connection must pre-date house loan closing date,

You paid the funding fee,

Your SC claim was granted after you had paid the funding fee,

Your SC award is retroed back to a date before the date the home loan closed.

All you have to do then is call the VA housing administration and request it, furnishing copy of award! They will not call you or send it to you unless you request it!

I had filed a claim in May of 2004 for SC. Bought a house with VA loan in June of 2004. Refinance with VA at lower rate in March of 2009. Awarded SC in December 2009, retro back to original claim date of May 2004. I had paid the funding fee twice and got all of it back, over $16,000!

Good luck!

Blackbird

Thanks for the info, Blackbird. I'll pull my VA home loan paperwork, and check it out.

My new VA mortgage was a refinance from a non-VA loan, and the funding fee was line # 815.

See VA Pamphlet 26-7, Chapter 8, Topic 8, sections e and j.

VA Pamphlet 26-7 Ch 8

Well, I guess I didn't pay a funding fee. Can't seem to find anything on the original loan or the re-fi loan that says anything about a funding fee.

Thanks for the info.

David

Well, I guess I didn't pay a funding fee. Can't seem to find anything on the original loan or the re-fi loan that says anything about a funding fee.

Thanks for the info.

David

on my paperwork it shows a vet participation fee on line 812,is this what you are calling a funding fee.there is no wording of funding fee anywhere else on my paperwork

on my paperwork it shows a vet participation fee on line 812,is this what you are calling a funding fee.there is no wording of funding fee anywhere else on my paperwork

I can't find anything on the original loan that says anything about Vet, funding fee. The only thing I can find is on line 303 (cash from borrower) but I don't remember paying anything up front.

With the re-fi loan, it was just a conventional loan nothing to do with the VA. Is there a VA office that I could call that would have this info.

Thanks,

David

On my first VA backed loan the $5520.00 was listed as a "VA funding fee". On my refinance, which was also VA backed, the funding fee of 10230.00 was listed on the settlement sheet as "Morgage Insurance Premium to VA Administration". I guess they can word it anyway they like, but it is actually a type of mortgage insurance.

I called the VA home loan office. I think I got the number from calling the toll free number you call to check on you disability claim status. I haven't run across the number yet, but still looking so I can post it.

Blackbird