VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Seeks Vendor To Automate Agent Orange Claims Processing

Rate this question

chr49

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Cannot speak for anyone but me, however, having already waited 5 months and seen the VA NOT even put proposed rules up for review ? now anmother 7 months........

That is a joke right ?

seems just the other day the VA announced 9 new presumptives fopr the Gulf war, and gee whiz.. published the very same day the Proposed rules....... go figure

I still wait, 40 plus years and ticking... or not

Just found the following information...new to me:

Here's a link to the article:

http://fcw.com/articles/2010/03/10/va-auto...processing.aspx

Here's a link to the VA fast-track news release:

http://www.veterans.ny.gov/pdf/fast-track.pdf

Yip! It definitely seems that way doesn't it!

My husband is more than a little pissed about this right now, I won't even tell him about it, in fact I won't let him do anything VA right now!

He just get really angry and it screws with the PTSD really bad, it just easier if I tell him nothing.

I have no idea why the government has this need to mess with people. Haven't the Vietnam Vets been through enough waiting! It's almost cruel I think. especially when they sort out the Persian Gulf Presumptive's so quickly, and that's after the AO presumptive's were announced.

I don't understand what is so difficult when it comes to writing the regs. They just apply the same AO regs as other AO presumptive's and you the rating schedule for Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease, because it is pretty much exactly the same illness. Then right a little spiel about why they are writing it and who agrees with it. Add a few signatures and ask people's opinion and tada! There's a new set of regs!

Cannot speak for anyone but me, however, having already waited 5 months and seen the VA NOT even put proposed rules up for review ? now another 7 months........

That is a joke right ?

seems just the other day the VA announced 9 new presumptives fopr the Gulf war, and gee whiz.. published the very same day the Proposed rules....... go figure

I still wait, 40 plus years and ticking... or not

Edited by hawkfire27

It's good to hear that others feel as I do. If they want to automate claims, fine...but get started doing something now! The need to get regs done and get to work on the claims that have already been filed. Vets and families have been waiting for far too long!

It's good to hear that others feel as I do. If they want to automate claims, fine...but get started doing something now! The need to get regs done and get to work on the claims that have already been filed. Vets and families have been waiting for far too long!

The VA knows as we all do, they wait for the Vet to die, whoops, no award.... how terrible....

If the Vet were to get 100% and then 10 years later ddie, the wife gets some of the award, so if they put off the award... that pushes the ten years farther out... whoops, no wife benifits after the vet dies... whoops...

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that many feel that VA waits for Vet to die but I think that is something that they don't want either.Once you win your award the VA delivers pretty good service.

I think that many feel that VA waits for Vet to die but I think that is something that they don't want either.Once you win your award the VA delivers pretty good service.

as in burial sevice, 40 years still nothing, the wait is getting silly...

but....I do have my cucumber/avacado sanwiches while I wait, but another 40 years maybe puishing it....

What is your explaination, gross stupidity or just they are having bad past 40 years and were busy ?