VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Seeks Vendor To Automate Agent Orange Claims Processing

Rate this question

chr49

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The ten year waiting period for DIC is far too long and DIC is far too little. I think the spouse should get the entire 100% until she/he dies. Most spouses earned it.

I agree with you Pete. I've never felt like I've had poor treatment.

I posted these links so AO vets could see that the VA is doing something. There will be so many new claims going in. It's good to see that they are trying to come up with a way to move them thru the system quickly.

What I'm not happy about is the fact that they are taking so long to get the regulations in place and get started. AO vets need to see some progress. It's the waiting and wondering that makes people think they aren't being cared about. I'm sure this is going to be a nightmare with so many denied claims over the years but they need to start something. If they had the regulations in place, the VA could start processing the old/denied claims for compensation and DIC right away.

The ten year waiting period for DIC is far too long and DIC is far too little. I think the spouse should get the entire 100% until she/he dies. Most spouses earned it.

Completely different subject but it is far too little.

If I should ever get 100%, it's doubtful I'd make the 10 year waiting period and I know it will be very difficult for my wife to survive. She keeps saying she must go first but I don't want that. Before somebody says it...we did plan, as everybody should, then got wiped out when we both went thru long periods of unemployment. Now we start again.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe my SC CAD is what will knock me off and I have about 1.5 years to reach the ten year mark anyway. The "automated Presumptive system" may not be so good. Your clailm could get bent,folded or mutilated in the process. They can automate a host of denials just as easy as a host of approvals. Then there is the disability rating percentage itself. I was told by SPKelly, the AO guy, that even though I am 60% for CAD as secondary to presumptive DMII (AO) that it might behoove me to file a claim for CAD as direct presumptive for AO. I am not sure why.

Rumors of the three Presumptive Proposed rules being published on Federal registry Thursday 25March2010

Edited by vperl

Rumors of the three Presumptive Proposed rules being published on Federal registry Thursday 25March2020

"Thursday 25March2020"

You do mean 2010...right? :lol: