VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Group Therapy Question

Rate this question

bob barker

Question

i dont know if this section is only for ptsd claims or what but here i go. i have been going to ptsd group therapy for a year and i dont think its for me. my question is how do i quit it and what other type of therpy is out there that you all have tried?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I would just let your group leader know ,that you don't think this is a good fit for you right now.

There are other options such as individual therapy ( one on one ) which is what i do. My therapist keeps trying to get me to group ,

but i'm a real private person and for now it's not for me. I started a new program called CPT therapy about 6 weeks ago , it's a 12 week

program that is pretty intense. It works with your most traumatic event, trying to give you a new outlook on the situation and coping skills. If your not in a stable frame of mind , i recommend not starting till you are. Starting at week 2 you get right into the meat and potatoes and it's been very hard . I've cried more in my last 5 sessions than i have in my entire life. Whatever you do though keep up some form of therapy as it is outlet for your emotions/ anger . It may seem like it's not helping at times but it does .We all need to vent.

Good luck in your journey.

Semper Fi

Sgt Sandman