VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Overload, Va Subs It Out This Time

Rate this topic

I have a few dental issues and got the letter in the mail today they are to overloaded in Fayetteville to see me and gave me some papers to take to a civi dental clinic and have an eval done then they say 15 work days ill get the approval letter and get the work completed in 6 months, Anyone else had this happen to them ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

These clinics are assembly line dental services. They make their money by doing cheap crowns and procedures you may or may not need. In Florida the dental clinics get sued all the time for doing sloppy work. You know if the VA sends you out for it you will get the cheapest care they can find. The clinic will depend on numbers of vets they can tag and not on quality. My VA dentist takes short cuts and does not do the work he should do. I go just to get filings maybe. If I think I need a crown or an implant I go to a dentist that is thinking about something besides saving money for Uncle Sam. The VA has refused to do a crown for me and an implant.

These clinics are assembly line dental services. They make their money by doing cheap crowns and procedures you may or may not need. In Florida the dental clinics get sued all the time for doing sloppy work. You know if the VA sends you out for it you will get the cheapest care they can find. The clinic will depend on numbers of vets they can tag and not on quality. My VA dentist takes short cuts and does not do the work he should do. I go just to get filings maybe. If I think I need a crown or an implant I go to a dentist that is thinking about something besides saving money for Uncle Sam. The VA has refused to do a crown for me and an implant.

Man that sucks i need two caps and a filling, i have been putting it off for a longtime just due to the fact i can't hold my mouth open long with out alot of pain, Byproduct of when they put my skull back together they cut my chewing tendons and then put them back together, i guess they are shorter i have no idea,