VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Date For Non Nehmer , & First Time Claims Only

Rate this question

vperl

Question

What will be the Retro DATE , for vets that have filed the very first time for the three Presumptive AO claims ?

Nothing in the proposed rules as I can find

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you've never filed for IHD and AO exposure the date you file will be the date your claim will begin.(If the filing date falls on or after the posting)

If you filed for IHD and AO exposure years ago, the DVA is supposed to readjudicate your case from the time you first filed, not when they redo or you remind them that your case falls under the IHD rules and Nehmer.

This is my take on these new presumptives.

• HadIt.com Elder

Van - that's my take on it too. You need not have specified a disease, just requested blanket compensation for the effects of AO. jmo

pr

If you've never filed for IHD and AO exposure the date you file will be the date your claim will begin.(If the filing date falls on or after the posting)

If you filed for IHD and AO exposure years ago, the DVA is supposed to readjudicate your case from the time you first filed, not when they redo or you remind them that your case falls under the IHD rules and Nehmer.

This is my take on these new presumptives.

Ok, here is where the rubber meets the road.

Retro date starts for AO 3 presumptive for those that never filed till after 13Oct2009

and the Nehmer does not apply.

This is the qualifier....new Claim, never before made any AO claims on the 3 presumptive

till after 13OCT2009

A. Retro starts 13Oct2009

B. Retro starts day you filed the new claim

C. Retro starts day proposed rules published

D. Retro starts day the Final Rules are published in Federal Registry

E. Other ____(fill in blank )___________________________________________________________________

F. Retro date not determined yet, to be announced

explain why you think what will it be A - F pick one

Ok, here is where the rubber meets the road.

Retro date starts for AO 3 presumptive for those that never filed till after 13Oct2009

and the Nehmer does not apply.

This is the qualifier....new Claim, never before made any AO claims on the 3 presumptive

till after 13OCT2009

A. Retro starts 13Oct2009

B. Retro starts day you filed the new claim

C. Retro starts day proposed rules published

D. Retro starts day the Final Rules are published in Federal Registry

E. Other ____(fill in blank )___________________________________________________________________

F. Retro date not determined yet, to be announced

explain why you think what will it be A - F pick one

E.& F. I believe they will have to pay you back to when you first filed for any one of the 3.

I believe if you filed a blanket claim ,which i think i did, you will qualify from the time you first filed. I am guessing.

E.& F. I believe they will have to pay you back to when you first filed for any one of the 3.

I believe if you filed a blanket claim ,which i think i did, you will qualify from the time you first filed. I am guessing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on the below post you are picking A, B, C as your answer... you cannot have all three one only with reason

remember no prior claims denied or opened or anything from 13Oct2009 and BACKWARD

Just new people filing New claims for the very firsrt time.......13Oct2009 and forward only

did you ever file for any of the 3 Prior to 13Oct2009 if so that is not the question

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on the below post you are picking A, B, C as your answer... you cannot have all three one only with reason

remember no prior claims denied or opened or anything from 13Oct2009 and BACKWARD

Just new people filing New claims for the very firsrt time.......13Oct2009 and forward only

did you ever file for any of the 3 Prior to 13Oct2009 if so that is not the question

ok i filed for residuals of agent orange a long time ago if i remember correctly.