VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Deferred Tbi Deferred

Rate this question

sfrazier

Question

I am SF combat vet with Sc disability totaling 50% (30, 0 , 10 ,10 , 10) 30 being PTSD which should have been 50 from the start currently on 6medications for mood and anxiety, and recomended by my psychologist not to work during therapy as it is 3xweek 2hours long and intense.

in my most recent letter from the v.a. (lowercase to show abhorance) it says

"the claim for increased evaluation for PTSD, chronic is deferred"

"a decision on entitlement to service conection for residuals of traumatic brain injury is deferred"

why do today.... what you put off till next fiscal year, I love government work!!!

I have a 2 and a half inch thick medical file just from the past 2 years, what are they waiting for,me to keel over and die?

examination clarification, isn't that what the comp and pen doc sends up to regional? eval, and docs clarification of patient?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

How long ago were you rated by the VA? Not that it means much but just asking? if you have been rated in the last year then they may be waiting to see how you do in treatment.

Are you going to the Vet center too? If so I would get a letter of support from them and send it to VA to help your deferred claim. One good thing is they have not denied your claimand it is still open and you can get more supporting evidence to be considered.

Good Luck on your claim.

Welcome to Hadit and Welcome Home !! Like Pete said if you're not working or were not working when you had the PTSD C&P then the score is too low. Sounds like you need more supporting evidence of your actual mental condition, yes PTSD is a mental disorder. If you have difficulty sleeping, if your significant other thinks you are a grouch and the bill collectors are driving you up the wall then you have to state these things and be able to verify what you state. Ptsd symptoms are basically the same for all combat veterans, some worse then others. If you're really hurting you need to go to a VAMC and talk to a Psyc and tell them you're hurting and why. If you're receiving 30% now for PTSD then your combat related stressors are either presumed or verified, if you're really hurting then you need to convince the Psyc, get treatment, take the meds, stay out of work, get a statement from your last employer stating why you don't or can't work there anymore then go back for another C&P. Just tell the truth about how you feel and what that is doing to your life !!

Edited by pigdriver