VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is The Va Getting Ahead Of Themseves

Rate this question

Hughie

Question

Hi all,

Did some searching of the forum first to see if there was already an aswer to my quetion but no luck. I am currently rated at 10% for cluster Headaches under 8100 and have been since getting out in 97. Over the years my Headaches have gotten worse and in April of 09 while in California I put in for a re-evaluation via local County VS. I have since moved to North Carolina and finally gotten everything moved to Winston-Salem.

After getting everything moved myself. The DAV suggested doing it myself as they were afraid if they tryed taking over prolong the proccess but have offered to handle any chalenge. I had to do a lot of the paperwork over again to get medical records requested and send in my statements again which is fine but I got a compensation exam scheduled for next week with QTC and after that was scheduled I just got a letter from the VA saying they just sent requests for medical records out.

My question is "Don't they normally get or attempt to get all medical records before scheduling a compensation exam?"

I am also affraid they don't have all my statements since these were sent in with my forms to request medical records.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

One nice thing about QTC is that they don't sit on the C&P exam cause they don't get paid till they send them in to the VA

Good Luck it usually does not take long after the exam usually 30 to 60 days

Finally got a letter that my claim to add my daughter was approved as a dependant after sending the BC in 8 months ago. I took this opportunity to call about my other claims. They said they were sent to the rater October 16th.

A little disappointing since the last time I had the QTC exams it took 3 weeks from exam to rating letter in my mail box. Every time is different I guess. Just wanting to keep everyone updated.

Don't get discouraged if you wait. The longest wait is to get the exams although it feels like a lifetime after the exam as it is fresh in your mind again!

Good morning, and congratulations on the increase. I am rated at 50% for migraines (max) and here's what I did: I documented each and every headache, duration and impact on my life. Also wrote each medication I took daily and as rescue meds, plus the side effects when taken. It took over a year's worth of documentation in addition to the neurologist notes/visits at the VA, but it was worth the time. When I was awarded 50%, it came with a letter stating that the VA would conduct a follow-up evaluation in 2011. I continue to keep a log, and plan on taking it with me for the follow-up exam. As a result, the award also provided me support for my request for reasonable accommodation at work. Still have bad headaches that last for days - with aura and now vertigo. Current headache going on two weeks. The neurologist just says "get more rest". Hard to do when you're the only one working, supporting your family.

Anyway, congratulations and remember document, document, document...

I have been documenting for at least the past 2 years using my calendar on my PDA. I think that is what helped me get the increase from 10% to 30%. The Vertigo/Dizziness I get as well as the numbness in my hands and feet; they are attributing to the medication I take for headaches and rating me separately. I and assuming that if I get a separate rating for that it will require a follow up at some point. Especially if and when I switch medications.

Because I don't have a severe loss of work because of my headaches I think it will be difficult to get to the 50% just for my headaches although they get worse with every year it seams.

Thanks

Just got my decision on secondary conditions due to medication for headaches.

They agree (VA examiner) that the conditions are caused by the medication I take for my Cluster Headaches that I am rated for but deny they are "related to the service connection of cluster headaches" (rating decision)

They denied all three. What I don't understand as they put me in for these. I never requested these. If it would not matter what the examiner said why send me for a C&P. They could have made their decision without them.

Calling my local DAV Monday to figure out my options.

"They agree (VA examiner) that the conditions are caused by the medication I take for my Cluster Headaches that I am rated for but deny they are "related to the service connection of cluster headaches" (rating decision)"

Say what??????

Their statement is absolutely ridiculous.

Can you scan and attach the entire Reasons and Bases here? Cover any personal stuff.

"Vertigo/Dizziness I get as well as the numbness in my hands and feet"

Did they rate these as NSC on the rating sheet with any percentages?