VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P On The 1st.

Rate this question

maset22

Question

After about six months, I finaly going to get a C&P appointment. My file is thin on Gulf War Syndrome, I did not put as much thought in this claim as I have put in MY PTSD diagnosis. I have The rash on my body, swollen joints w/ pain, memory lost. Can't remember what else, no pun intended. What or How serious can this be. Exams or paper work or both. Can someone point me in the right direction?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

After about six months, I finaly going to get a C&P appointment. My file is thin on Gulf War Syndrome, I did not put as much thought in this claim as I have put in MY PTSD diagnosis. I have The rash on my body, swollen joints w/ pain, memory lost. Can't remember what else, no pun intended. What or How serious can this be. Exams or paper work or both. Can someone point me in the right direction?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What has the VA done to help your PTSD stuff, and do you have a VSO helping you...you can find real good ones if you look...

http://nacvso.org/?page_id=14

I also have the rash, but after many years of getting turned down for Gulf War Syndrome I decided to break things down and filed for my skin individually. I was approved. VA pays me under exzema.

I see you are 40%. Are you already rated for PTSD?

I filed for GWS 8 months ago and received no C&P exam, I am still waiting on a decision. Anyway, what was recommended to me was to file for the individual condition as Fire Courage did. So when I get my denial I'll do that. It is unfortunate though because I have very good documentation to support one of my claims.

JMO,

Bergie

I also have the rash, but after many years of getting turned down for Gulf War Syndrome I decided to break things down and filed for my skin individually. I was approved. VA pays me under exzema.

I see you are 40%. Are you already rated for PTSD?

Fire Courage.

No,The PTSD has been diagnose by the psychologist, and we have been working on that phase for over a year, at least it seems like it. I did not put in for it due to the prior claim on GWS. I also have other diagnosis from the psychologist, as chronic pain disorder and depression. I have heard that VA only approve one mental disorder. so I don't want to play it too close. But my PTSD came from that same war. I think I will rather deal with PTSD separately.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

What has the VA done to help your PTSD stuff, and do you have a VSO helping you...you can find real good ones if you look...

http://nacvso.org/?page_id=14

Vperl, To me my psychologist at VA and the psychiatrist also at VA, to me has done a very good job. I was at a more mess up place that I am now. Other than treatment both talk and plans exercise, combine with meds. and documentation we, I haven't done any work with a VSO. I was thinking DAV. since I don't drive long distance and they have a pick up program. if I had to go to Winston/Salem. Three hours plus away. Any suggestions? It all was hold up on GWS outcome and finalization.