VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Legal?

Rate this topic

Is it legal for a Va Medical Center Doctor to pull a 100% Permanent and Total Service connected Veterans Pain Medication (which seemed to be working fine without adverse affects) without good reason after 15 years and other Va Doctors prescribing it because they felt it was necessary?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you asked the VAMC Patient Advocate to intervene and see why the meds were stopped?

• HadIt.com Elder

If the vet has been on narcotic pain meds for 15 years and it is suddently stopped this is going to cause the vet a pretty severe health risk. If I was the vet I would present myself at the VA and demand to be admitted as an in-patient for the pain clinic. The vet should say that he is experiencing withdrawl symtoms of the severe kind.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can appeal any decision made by VA but start with the Patient Advocate.

Ask to see the boss of the Doc who is making the change. I have had the same thing happen to me and I got the Doc over ruled by letting them know that there was going to be a real stink and that a 29 year old had no clue what it meant to stop cold a medication that had been prescribed continuously for over 15 years would do and that in all likely hood would result in great expense for me and the VA. I never saw that Doc again.

Is it legal for a Va Medical Center Doctor to pull a 100% Permanent and Total Service connected Veterans Pain Medication (which seemed to be working fine without adverse affects) without good reason after 15 years and other Va Doctors prescribing it because they felt it was necessary?

Hurting,

What was their reasoning for doing this. What did they tell you. Also, talk to the Patient Advocate, they really can help.

Bergie