VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fired For Treatment Of Service-connected Disabilities?

Rate this question

ej10

Question

I am a Congressional staffer and am currently working on a bill that would protect veterans from losing their jobs for needing "too much" time off for the treatment of service-connected disabilities. I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has been in this situation.

Have you ever lost a job for your dr. appointments, time spent traveling to the VA clinic, etc.? Or been unable to get the treatment you needed (e.g. missed appointments) because you couldn't afford to lose your job? Or do you know anyone who has? It would be good if we could share some of these stories as we're working on this legislation.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am 90% and I work for a government agency and during one of my yearly evals, I was told I took to much time of work for sick leave and almost all of it was for my disability, the only other was from food poisoning and I had a doc. statement for that, I told him he did not want to go that way because I would report him and he backed off. They are picky about my days off for sick leave, they want a letter from the doc every time.

Ken

• HadIt.com Elder
I am a Congressional staffer and am currently working on a bill that would protect veterans from losing their jobs for needing "too much" time off for the treatment of service-connected disabilities. I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has been in this situation.

Have you ever lost a job for your dr. appointments, time spent traveling to the VA clinic, etc.? Or been unable to get the treatment you needed (e.g. missed appointments) because you couldn't afford to lose your job? Or do you know anyone who has? It would be good if we could share some of these stories as we're working on this legislation.

Would like to go back to the Vietnam era??? LOL

Hadit does not like politics.

This thread was started by a person who has 'ONLY' political motives.

I'm done.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

For the record EJ10 is here and has informed Hadit of their purpose. Its a little different but bottom line it seems to me to help Veterans.Anyone who wants to contact EJ and discuss issues are on their own but for now we will wait before making any decisions.

Sledge thank you for bringing up your concern and by the way making laws to protect Veterans is political but necessary in my opinion.

If you or any Hadit Member wants to discuss this further please feel free to contact me or any other Mod.

Pete

For the record EJ10 is here and has informed Hadit of their purpose. Its a little different but bottom line it seems to me to help Veterans.Anyone who wants to contact EJ and discuss issues are on their own but for now we will wait before making any decisions.

Sledge thank you for bringing up your concern and by the way making laws to protect Veterans is political but necessary in my opinion.

If you or any Hadit Member wants to discuss this further please feel free to contact me or any other Mod.

Pete