VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reps Problem

Berta

Question

The check is in the mail.

If I had not been aware of this benefit(my former reps didn't have a clue as to what it was - although it is part of every DIC app)-for those widows or widowers who meet the criteria-

and if I had not raised some Hell yesterday-with the VA -I could have lost this benefit and the retro cash!

The regs were on my side -that is all I needed.

Actually the problem started when they lost my app twice but I am used to that-and the VA approved this in January but some dope tried to tell me I had been denied.

His VA supervisor was just wonderful and knew right away that I should have gotten this benefit months ago.And he saw to it that I will get an award letter and the money.

Another case of the VA having all of the evidence they needed ,and approved this, yet managed to stall payment of what is mine.

Guess they hoped I would drop dead.

We all have to stay as healthy as we can to spite them!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Berta...Sincere congratulations for a job so well done. What a marvelous lady and fighter you are. You make all of us Vets wives very proud. I'm a newbie, so don't have the whole history on your struggle, but have read enough here to know that you really are something special, girl! I'm still on such a learning curve that I honestly don't understand half of what all you've actually achieved, but I'm sure YOU do and you sound pleased, so I'm happy for you. You have had this battle(s) of your own, but also have been so generous with giving of your time and caring for others on this site. Thank you for all of your assistance. It's really nice to see that when someone puts out so much effort and good that it comes back to them.

Lorraine

Thanks all- in his death ROD WON! I never forget that and honor his service every day.

Terry-I live very far from Fort Drum-

and having a farm-this is the busiest time of the year for me.My hay-oat-corn rotation is worked by the dairy farmers down the road and I baby sit the herd every night when they come into my pastures.

Your family will love NY- it is absolutely beautiful.

Part of my farm is to the left behind the horseshoe driveway -going up into two wood lots (plenty of deer) and the rest is on the other side of the road.

The highest fields not in the photo- are about 2200 feet above sea level -you can see for miles up top- and the lowest part of my land goes into a valley at about 1200 feet above sea level.

Within 2 months the garden will be set in and then I plant annuals on three levels.

I built over 50% of the barn just past the farm house myself, helped add on 2 decks you cant see 2 years ago to my house and am helping a friend of mine put a greenhouse up out back next week.

I love carpentry!!!!

I don't leave home much.Lots here to maintain.And enjoy.

It is a very peaceful environment.

post-868-1271162195_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berta

Guest terrysturgis

Sorry to hear that you are not close. Maybe someday we will travel your way.

My Son-In-Law has two years to go to get to retirement. They have bought a house and will be living about a 1/4 mile from the big lake. He and my daughter like to hunt and fish and it sounds like upstate NY will fit the bill.

Berta, between your Veteran advocacy, farming and general house maintainence no one can say that you do not keep busy. Terry Sturgis