VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions On Filings For Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I have submitteed my exams for my ptsd claim. I have also asked 2 friends for notes and my doctor for a nexus letter. Well the doctor did not have the letter this week she said she forgot. She has noted in my claim that she feels its related. She said she will have my letter next week. As for my friend letters the one letter the lady says she cannot print it and all that. The other girls has been off sick. She will do it I am very certain. I am just not sure if I have done enough. I dont have must else to offer. The still claim they have no records. I have requested them again as I was instructed here. I spoke with a guy in the hospital that helps people with claims. He told me if I get the nexus I should have no problem.. He says otherwise its not a sure thing cause most veterans claims fail because they dont have something that ties the claim to the service connection. He says they cannot assume it must be in writing. I dont know what else I can do here. I am also worried about timing. I have passed the 30 days they say you have. The last time i called they are still waiting on medical records from civilan docs I say. the depression and ptsd is the strongest cause i have for connection and its due to my mst. I did not talk about it to anyone else no family not even friends. Please let me know what you think guys. Thnx so much in advance for your help here.

A Vet In Destress!!!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have submitteed my exams for my ptsd claim. I have also asked 2 friends for notes and my doctor for a nexus letter. Well the doctor did not have the letter this week she said she forgot. She has noted in my claim that she feels its related. She said she will have my letter next week. As for my friend letters the one letter the lady says she cannot print it and all that. The other girls has been off sick. She will do it I am very certain. I am just not sure if I have done enough. I dont have must else to offer. The still claim they have no records. I have requested them again as I was instructed here. I spoke with a guy in the hospital that helps people with claims. He told me if I get the nexus I should have no problem.. He says otherwise its not a sure thing cause most veterans claims fail because they dont have something that ties the claim to the service connection. He says they cannot assume it must be in writing. I dont know what else I can do here. I am also worried about timing. I have passed the 30 days they say you have. The last time i called they are still waiting on medical records from civilan docs I say. the depression and ptsd is the strongest cause i have for connection and its due to my mst. I did not talk about it to anyone else no family not even friends. Please let me know what you think guys. Thnx so much in advance for your help here.

A Vet In Destress!!!

Cm,

First and most importantly stop worrying. It won't help your claim, and you might lose sleep or get sick. A nexus is not always needed to win a claim and it does not gaurentee you'll win either. With that said, you've done what you can and they will make a decision. Good or bad you will have a year from the date on the statement of the case to develope your claim and file a NOD if denied. What I mean is, you have a year to get that nexus and those statements from your friends and any other info you can (also another reason not to worry). As for yout MST, I'm sorry something like this happened to you. Make sure you seek or continue counseling and get the help you need. I'm hoping that you will read this and realize that you have no contol over what the VARO does with your claim. All you can do is provide as much documentation as you can and never, never give up.

Hang in there,

Bergie