VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need A Little Direction Here...

Rate this question

KamiKappa B

Question

I am already receiving 70% comp for feet, back, sinuses, and PTSD (also receiving SSD). I recently started a PCT PTSD group at the VA mental health center. Can attending this group be grounds for an increase in my benefits?

I also wanted to know if I can submit claims for diabetes and sarcoidosis?

I was turned down for TDIU once before, should I try again with the new evidence of the PCT group, diabetes, and sarcoidosis, put in for increase for the existing conditions (PTSD), or submit new claims?

I really hope someone understands my questions here, as it is really frustrating trying to word it right. Thanks for any advice.

Kappa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hey Jarhead !! What percentage do you receive for PTSD?? Are the stressors combat related?? Do you have a difficult time keeping gainful employment?? What was the GAF from the last PTSD C&P?? What was your MOS?? The right answers to a lot of these type questions will get you a higher rating for PTSD and a possible TDIU.

I am already receiving 70% comp for feet, back, sinuses, and PTSD (also receiving SSD). I recently started a PCT PTSD group at the VA mental health center. Can attending this group be grounds for an increase in my benefits?

I also wanted to know if I can submit claims for diabetes and sarcoidosis?

I was turned down for TDIU once before, should I try again with the new evidence of the PCT group, diabetes, and sarcoidosis, put in for increase for the existing conditions (PTSD), or submit new claims?

I really hope someone understands my questions here, as it is really frustrating trying to word it right. Thanks for any advice.

Kappa

If you file for IU it will be considered a claim for increase.

JMO,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not able to work cause of a service connected rating no matter how much it is you should get TDIU its that simple

• HadIt.com Elder

pigdriver - MOS and whether the stressors are combat related have absolutely no bearing on what percentage a claimant is rated.

pr

Hey Jarhead !! What percentage do you receive for PTSD?? Are the stressors combat related?? Do you have a difficult time keeping gainful employment?? What was the GAF from the last PTSD C&P?? What was your MOS?? The right answers to a lot of these type questions will get you a higher rating for PTSD and a possible TDIU.

Thanks guys! Lemme try to answer all the questions here...

What percentage do you receive for PTSD??

50%

Are the stressors combat related??

YES

Do you have a difficult time keeping gainful employment??

Lost my last job for what appears to be a combination of downsizing AND poor performance due to the PTSD (this was BEFORE I knew I had it)

What was the GAF from the last PTSD C&P??

55 to 60

What was your MOS??

3521 Motor Transport Mechanic

I haven't worked since I was let go from that job in 2007. When I was last turned down for TDIU the letter said something to the effect of "just because you are not looking for work does not mean that you are unable to work." Sounds to me like someone had a bug up their butt the day they denied my TDIU claim.

Thanks again for advice.

Kappa