VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eed For Diabettes Ii

Rate this question

rotorhead

Question

I had a A O registry exam in February. I requested a copy the results. On the report it stated that I was conceded Agent Orange Diabetes., Examiner also stated that the condition has most likely present since 2005. I have a claim in for this, filed last Oct. I have a C&P exam this Thursday. Should I bring this up? I think I am due a EED back to 2005. Any replies pro or con would be kindly appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I had a A O registry exam in February. I requested a copy the results. On the report it stated that I was conceded Agent Orange Diabetes., Examiner also stated that the condition has most likely present since 2005. I have a claim in for this, filed last Oct. I have a C&P exam this Thursday. Should I bring this up? I think I am due a EED back to 2005. Any replies pro or con would be kindly appreciated.

Rotorhead,

Give this some thought, feel the tips of your toes, touch, squeez them. If they feel numb or tingly than tell the C&P doc. This is peripheral neuropathy and is a side effect of diabetes. This is ratable as a secondary condition.

Hope this helps,

Bergie

Rotorhead, my husband was diagnosed in either '04 or 05' with DMII and he started to have Peripheral Neuropathy in 2006, Bergie is right you need to check on this. We suspect e had DMII awhile because his PN has progressed so rapidly. I don't think we can claim an earlier time so keep a check on this! e started in his left leg and within 9 months had it in his right leg and both hands. He can't move his toes and his left foot will not gripp to hold his balance, it has progressed to his right leg with the same symptoms.

Good luck Carolyn

Yes- I would bring This up too-

this is your post from December:

"I am looking for feedback from some of you knowledgible veterans on this forum.

U.S. Army 1967-1973 RVN 1969-1971

History; Heart attack in Jan. 05, Triple bypass in Nov 05. Have ISD per private Cardiologist, 2 Stents in July 09, I am currantly being treated at VA hospital in Johnston City, TN for Heart, HBP, Sleep Disorder(severe sleep apenea, use bi-pap machine when I do sleep),Enlarged Prostrate, Restless Leg Disorder

11 different meds supplied by VA pharm.

I filed for SC,ed Heart Disease in 2005 and was denied,now that IHD is AO persumptive, refiled Aug 09 for Service Connection.VSO recomended a new claim instead of reopening old claim, I am working with VSO, but not really feeling as if he is on my side. No input from him, no advise,makes me sometimes feel like I am just trying to work the system.

Also have filed for Diabetes II Blood Glucose has been as high as 252 fasting and have med records back to heart attack with readingof104 to 240 fasting. Cardioligst sent letter stating Diabetes controlled with diet.

Also claim for PTSD , typical problems as most, rage, anger, 3 marriages, 12 jobs in 40 years, nightmares, workplace violence( smacked dude who called me a bi**ch and meant it. 30 days off and anger management.),mood instability,low frustration tolerance, self-destructive behavior, intermittent explosive disorder and PTSD per Psychologist in 1996, darn sure doesn't make me sound good . I do have stressor medaL, Air Medal with V Device, MOS was 67A1F.

Service connected 0% for foot problems.

Denied for Tinnius and bi-latteral hearing loss, denial reason, loss due to being a diesel mechanic and truck driver,

I guess what I am asking is can you change VSO's in the middle of a claim, or ride it out.

Thanks for the chance to vent, but sometimes battle is so fricking hard."

-----------------------------------------------------

Your VSO is wrong- this claim should have been re-opened under the new regs as well as well as the Nehmer COurt Order.

But dont think this will matter-as the VA is supposed to be checking all denied IHD claims anyhow.

Your retro on the IHD should go back to the date of the initial (2005)claim that had the denial of IHD- but you also can possibly claim IHD as due to your diabetes-which will be conceded as SC by the VA.

Did the VSO ever suggest that you file a DMII claim in 2005?

Bergie is right-claim any peripheral neuropathy too.

The Medal with the "V" device-is this a personal "V" commendation?

Do you have the write up on it? Does VA have copy of that?

Are you employed? if not have yo formally applied for TDIU?

Also the DMII VA training letter is available here under a search and it shows how many complications there can be from diabetes-most-but not all are ratable as secondaries.

It looks to me like the VA might have missed the DMII long before the heart problems.

I recently proved AO DMII-evident n my husband's VA med recs back to 1988-never diagnosed or formally treated and then this medical error caused his heart disease (IHD), ischemic brain strokes, and his death.

The ADA has consistently said that DMII is often misdiagnosed and under diagnosed. When anyone has a heart attack this is one of the first things any doctor should consider as cause - diabetes-

if anyone has a heart attack-as my husband did in fall 1988.

The VA misdiagnosed that too -as a sinus infection- and that led to his death.

For years -under the old regs-the VA would try to rule out any heart disease as due to established AO diabetes-saying the evidence showed that the CAD came before the DMII.

That s quite possible but the reality is that a good search of all available med recs by these vets could definitely reveal in some cases-I am sure- that the signs of DMII were there and yet undiagnosed and untreated until a full blown cardiac event occured.

You need them to rate your DMII as well as the IHD.

Edited by Berta

PS I am not a "knowledgeable veteran" -but am a civilian who knows more about diabetes than I ever dreamed I would need to know. :D

One other thing- you can amend your claim and send them copy of the new regs and if you have copy of the older denial that would be great to send them too-

In any event remind them of the past denial-hopefully it is in the C file and the VSO would also have a copy-

and tell them you expect ,under Nehmer Curt Order, to be awarded the 2005 EED.

(wouldnt ot be something if the VA deliberately shredded these older IHD claims-hoping the vets could not then prove an earlier EED? gee Monday AM and already my VAOLA paranoia s kicking in but these new regs are sure going to be quite costly to the VA.)

PS I am not a "knowledgeable veteran" -but am a civilian who knows more about diabetes than I ever dreamed I would need to know. :D

One other thing- you can amend your claim and send them copy of the new regs and if you have copy of the older denial that would be great to send them too-

In any event remind them of the past denial-hopefully it is in the C file and the VSO would also have a copy-

and tell them you expect ,under Nehmer Curt Order, to be awarded the 2005 EED.

(wouldnt ot be something if the VA deliberately shredded these older IHD claims-hoping the vets could not then prove an earlier EED? gee Monday AM and already my VAOLA paranoia s kicking in but these new regs are sure going to be quite costly to the VA.)

Thanks to all for the info. Thankfully I did keep all the records from past dealings with the V A. I am so mad at these jerks that I almost am looking forward to a fight. However I do treat the folks at the hospital at Mt. Home with a kind word even when they pi$$ me off.