VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ui Requirements Requested

Rate this question

reconman

Question

Hello

Can somebody explain waht requirment the VA has to obtain UI

if i was awarded full disability for Social Security Administration

How do they differ and can i bring my papers from SSA to the VA

and add UI to my claim. I'm applying for

100% PTSD with Bi polar Disorder

Dengerative Disc Disease

Tinnitus Right ear

Total loss of hearing Right ear

Hypertiosion

Migrane headaches

I'm adding from SSA and filing for also UI as part of my claim ?

Thank You

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If Social Security awarded you for PTSD and you can show a link to your service it should be a slam dunk. That is my opinion with the facts as you have provided. How old you are, combat service,and how you acquired PTSD are important.

There are a lot of Veterans who have PTSD and in my opinion can be one of the hardest to get VA to recognize.

It awarded me for Dengerative Disc Disease and PTSD, Im 60 Years old.

Yes beleive in can show with VA doctor that he can show at nexus of the

DDD and PTSD. Combat service USMC Recon Aid Man Medic for USMC Recon

team. I waiting for the letter from SSA for my proof od disability.

I m age 60 and was awarded 1533 per mouth if I became disabled before 62.

Now I have to see if I can get the VA to accept the IU are part of my claim

for the other things i filed for.

Thank you for the reply

:D

If Social Security awarded you for PTSD and you can show a link to your service it should be a slam dunk. That is my opinion with the facts as you have provided. How old you are, combat service,and how you acquired PTSD are important.

There are a lot of Veterans who have PTSD and in my opinion can be one of the hardest to get VA to recognize.

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have Social Security Disability. You should be able to get VA to look at your claim. I suggest that you visit a Service Officer and ask them to help you with forms and a game plan.

Are you being treated for PTSD?

§4.16 Total disability ratings for com- pensation based on unemployability of the individual.

(a) Total disability ratings for com- pensation may be assigned, where the schedular rating is less than total, when the disabled person is, in the judgment of the rating agency, unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of serv- ice-connected disabilities:

Provided That, if there is only one such dis- ability, this disability shall be ratable at 60 percent or more, and that,

if there are two or more disabilities, there shall be at least one disability ratable at 40 percent or more, and sufficient addi- tional disability to bring the combined rating to 70 percent or more.

For the above purpose of one 60 percent dis- ability, or one 40 percent disability in combination, the following will be con- sidered as one disability:

(1) Disabil- ities of one or both upper extremities, or of one or both lower extremities, in- cluding the bilateral factor, if applica- ble,

(2) disabilities resulting from com- mon etiology or a single accident,

(3) disabilities affecting a single body sys- tem, e.g. orthopedic, digestive, res- piratory, cardiovascular-renal, neuropsychiatric,

(4) multiple injuries incurred in action, or

(5) multiple dis- abilities incurred as a prisoner of war. It is provided further that the exist- ence or degree of nonservice-connected disabilities or

previous unemployability status will be dis- regarded where the percentages re- ferred to in this paragraph for the serv- ice-connected disability or disabilities are met and in the judgment of the rat- ing agency such service-connected dis- abilities render the veteran unemploy- able.

Marginal employment shall not be considered substantially gainful em- ployment. For purposes of this section, marginal employment generally shall be deemed to exist when a veteran’s earned annual income does not exceed the amount established by the U.S. De- partment of Commerce, Bureau of the

§ 4.17

Census, as the poverty threshold for one person. Marginal employment may also be held to exist, on a facts found basis (includes but is not limited to employment in a protected environ- ment such as a family business or shel- tered workshop), when earned annual income exceeds the poverty threshold. Consideration shall be given in all claims to the nature of the employ- ment and the reason for termination.

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 501)

(

b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occu- pation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally dis- abled.

Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service, for extra-sched- ular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this sec- tion.

The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran’s serv- ice-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational at- tainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

[40 FR 42535, Sept. 15, 1975, as amended at 54 FR 4281, Jan. 30, 1989; 55 FR 31580, Aug. 3, 1990; 58 FR 39664, July 26, 1993; 61 FR 52700, Oct. 8, 1996]

Yes I have PTSD and Degenerative Disc Disease an was awarded total

disability and was not given SSI but instead of SS Full Disability.

Yes I have a exisiting claim, yes IM in a PTSD regular weekly class,

and I PTSD medics class offered by the VA POST 2 different PTSD doctor

in LA. from the VA also IM on meds by Psycharist also. I also have be

diagnoais for Bi Polar Disorder which falls under the PTSD as a 2nd dairy

with PTSD as the primary condition.

I have a private and VA Doctors both giving me 39 GAF scores also and

all this is being input into my medical VA records and also is the primary

care doctor in putting my DDD and IU as part of my claim trying to establish

it as a service connected disability from my medical records an patrol

missions in Vietnam.

Thanks for your input

Do you have Social Security Disability. You should be able to get VA to look at your claim. I suggest that you visit a Service Officer and ask them to help you with forms and a game plan.

Are you being treated for PTSD?