VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ao

Rate this question

Sandra Williams

Question

Since I have not posted a specific question on my own and was piggy backing on what I thought were similar topics that were similar to my situations I will attempt to post a question that I had about PTSD and the new AO reg. I have posed this question in different forums and format but still not sure what to make of it all. I am very new to the forum and thought this was a great way to connect with people with similar issues as I. So I hope I have not misused any forum that I have posted in. My question is this: My husband was receiving 100% sc for PTSD friom August 2000 til his death in November 2003. He had fiiled a claim in 2002 to also add his heart disease as sc as well but was denied. He died in 2003 as result of myocardial infracton with coronary heart disease. He served from May 1969-April 1973 in Vietnam. How will the new AO ruling apply in this situation since IHD has been added to the presumptive illnesses list (proposed). Will there be a separate compensation associated with the AO IHD.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just try to relax for a bit more. The 800# does not like to give out information until you get your official letter, In most cases you get someone who don't know what is happening to your claim so they hide behind everything they can. Have you tried an IRIS inquiry? Can't really say if good or bad, sorry I know you don't want to hear that but as I said I think your best bet other than waiting is an Iris inquiry.

As Always Hope the Best

Edited by pacmanx1

Thanks Pete I know you are right but you know you get antsy when they tell you they have made a decision. And as you said I have to wait a while longer. I called my VSO who states that since the claim was already in Washington I should here something fairly soon. Let us just hope that is true. I think a whole longer for VA is years but hopefully not.

Just an update to my claim status. I was told on May 5th that my claim had been rated and a decision had been made. I of course had been calling to check to see if the status had changed to "authorization for payment" or something positive. On Monday May 17 I received a call from the rep who has been calling me about every 2 weeks for the last couple of months. She left a message stating that she understood that a supplemental statement of case had been mailed out to me and she wanted to know if I had received it and if I had questions. To my surprise I had not received anything so I called her back on May 18 to inquire about her message. But before I called her back I immediately called the 800 number to see if I could get some more information. I was told that a letter had been sent out on May 6 and they were awaiting a response from me. We I was in total shock because I have faithfully checked my bank account and the mail for anything since May 6. I kept asking questions and of course no answers but they said they would send an inquiry over to AMC to resend letter. Now back to my call to the rep. She stated that a letter was supposed to have been mailed out on May 6 and dated May 3. I told her I was surprised to hear this since I had not received anything in the mail. I informed that the 800 number told me they were awaiting a response from me which she quickly informed me that this SSOC was a final decision. I ask her what type of information they needed from me and she hesitated and said that I would see what she meant when I received the letter. I again ask was it a letter or a SSOC but she said it is a letter of the decision. She said she wished she could tell me but she could not and that I had to wait until the letter was received. Then she said the letter had to be pulled from my file and be sent this week. I have continued to call the 800 number to gain more information but to no avail. I don't know if I am actually receiving a SSOC or a letter but to date I have not seen anything. To my knowledge the claim is in Washington and this letter should be the result of a 2008 remand. Are the procedures different if it is a remand rather that a response to an appeal. Anyone have any take on what is actually happening. Why are they waiting for response from me if it is a final decision. Confused ;) :) :o :o

The formal regulations for IHD claims are still in process and could take months more before VA can formally award for IHD.

I dont know if that would generate a SSOC as a SSOC usually wants more evidence.

Can you give us the citation number and docket number of the BVA remand? This way maybe we could help more-= BVA decisions and remands are public at the BVA web site but with no personal info posted.