VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letter

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I wanted ask you guys opinion of my nexus. I just got it today from My doctor. I will give you a brief and you tell me if the strength of it is sufficient.

Thnx in advance.

---------------------

treated for ptsd and depression as a result of a military sexual trama that occured shortly after she entered the army, as well as several which occured later.

GAF -- 48

Has symptons, including intrusive memories, physical reactions, flashbacks, and distress when something reminds her of the events; avoidance symptoms, including numbness, and a sense of foreshortened future; and arousal symptoms, including difficulty falling or staying asleep. also has irritability with difficulty concentrating. Other symptoms mentioned were hypervigilance and an exaggerated startle reflex.

Mentioned my panic attacks and said how they make it hard for me to come to appiontments ect. He closed by saying that my symptoms do affect me in my every day life.

I wanted to get you guys opinion of how you think it would help my case.

... If you remember i mentioned my military records being lost and so I am having to do what ever I can to prove my case to them. My doctor said my info is also very well documetned in my file.

Any info is appreciated. I do realize there are no guarantee's but I am just wanted to do the best I can to get things done.

Thnx in advance.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The problem will boil down to having verifiable stressor I think. Who knows since maybe the VARO will accept what the C&P doctor says and go with it?

I wanted ask you guys opinion of my nexus. I just got it today from My doctor. I will give you a brief and you tell me if the strength of it is sufficient.

Thnx in advance.

---------------------

treated for ptsd and depression as a result of a military sexual trama that occured shortly after she entered the army, as well as several which occured later.

GAF -- 48

Has symptons, including intrusive memories, physical reactions, flashbacks, and distress when something reminds her of the events; avoidance symptoms, including numbness, and a sense of foreshortened future; and arousal symptoms, including difficulty falling or staying asleep. also has irritability with difficulty concentrating. Other symptoms mentioned were hypervigilance and an exaggerated startle reflex.

Mentioned my panic attacks and said how they make it hard for me to come to appiontments ect. He closed by saying that my symptoms do affect me in my every day life.

I wanted to get you guys opinion of how you think it would help my case.

... If you remember i mentioned my military records being lost and so I am having to do what ever I can to prove my case to them. My doctor said my info is also very well documetned in my file.

Any info is appreciated. I do realize there are no guarantee's but I am just wanted to do the best I can to get things done.

Thnx in advance.

Have you had continuous treatment since leaving the military. Also, you should give the VARO a copy of all treatment records from whoever provided you treatment. If you have friends/family that you told what happened get them to write supporting letter. As john said you will have to prove what happened and that it happened in service, so give them everything you can.

JMO,

Bergie

Edited by *Bergie*

Have you had continuous treatment since leaving the military. Also, you should give the VARO a copy of all treatment records from whoever provided you treatment. If you have friends/family that you told what happened get them to write supporting letter. As john said you will have to prove what happened and that it happened in service, so give them everything you can.

JMO,

Bergie

I didnot tell a lot of people about what happened. no

No I have only recently started treatment through the screening at the va.. They diagnosed me after failing a screening and I had not been treated before.

I didnot tell a lot of people about what happened. no

No I have only recently started treatment through the screening at the va.. They diagnosed me after failing a screening and I had not been treated before.

"I did not tell alot of people about what happened"

CM,

If it's possible to locate any of these people they could provide important witness statements as to any changes in you that occurred after the incidents.

JMO,

Bergie

cm,

I'm on a different computer today and don't have access to certain features

right now.

I feel you might want to pull up the Court case of Patton v West for your PTSD/MST research.

carlie

This is where I am.

I have sent the nexas. I have one friend that I can get to write a letter about the changes in me since my first mst incedent. I have a friend that will write a letter about my being treated in psyc while on active duty. She worked there. I have one that will write a letter in ref to changes in me from then til now.

Would that be good for support of claim and proof of stressor. I did not really tell anyone the main incudent that occured.

Thanks please let me know anything else. I am going to see if my mom will also write a letter.