VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do You Have A Va Horror Story?

Rate this question

Cruinthe

Question

My story is over at vawatchdog due to my VARO sending me a VCAA regarding a "menstrual disorder". I am male, and I am service-connected for prostatitis.

The Fox news editor asked me if I know of anyone else with VA horror stories. Now is our time to stand up and be counted, people.

Mail me glennmcbride@gmail.com for more info.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

In line six it says, "should not".

Those 2 words, well actually just the word "should", effectively nullifies the whole thing.

Very few people can be subjected to daily abuse without it effecting them.

The fact that '§ 4.23 Attitude of rating officers' even exits tells me something bad about the whole system.

Pi--ed off people are usually pi--ed off for a reason.

Satisfied clients will never come back to haunt you.

sledge

In my opinion, many times the old saying,

"the squeaky wheel gets the grease" holds true.

I fail to see anyway that VBA claimants are

"forced to stay silent, speaking up only in places like this web board".

The VA is actually the ones that taught me to speak up.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, thanks for calling me on that remark. I've been told by MH doc's that I am irrationally (though understandably) suspicious of authority and government organization, and that I often let my paranoia interfere with my best interests.

When I limit that irrationality to my own little universe, it's my own problem. When I let it influence me to make public remarks that might cause angst or suspicion in readers who might have no other reason to worry about how the VA operates... well, that's wrong.

I'm sorry I posted my feelings about the VA in this regard. I don't have any proof, first hand or otherwise, of the VA mistreating vets based on their outspokenness. Anecdotes don't prove anything, and I really need to learn to give the VA the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks, too, Carlie, for saying that you've had success in being forthright and persistent with the VA. It gives me hope and a little bit of courage (maybe!)

So anyone who read my comment, forget it okay? As usual, it's me being quirky, jumpy and afraid.

Edited by hedgey

If the VA shreds documents (which is illegal), and the VA violates other regulations with impunity, why should they bother to be in compliance with 38 CFR 4.23, especially when "an attitude" is a judgement call, but I do appreciate Carlie calling this reg to our attention.

The risk of retaliation at the VA is very real, and the burden would be on the Veteran to prove retaliation on them. Sometimes that would be difficult, because the VA is down right mean to many of us, purposely delaying claims. I have a Vetran friend who applied for benefits in 1973 and still has not gotten them in spite of obvious disabilities obviously caused from service. You can't tell me that it takes the VA 37 years to process paperwork, under any circumstances other than downright meanness, and because they can.

Most posters on hadit do so anonomously, with the use of a "handle", in part, to prevent the VA from retaliation.

If Fox News wants a story, and will help me shield my identity, then I will blast them with the truth.

truth to light is a natural occurance. the pen is mightier than the sword, brick by brick. there are many other reasons, parceled in such analogies, which support such a story, even it is carried by what some say is a biased network in the first place. good luck to bronco or any who choose to go forward to tell the story of many veterans by example of their own experiences.

I suppose the worse thing that happend is when my operation went bad and I ened up in the hospital six months for an operation that was only suppose to last a couple hours, and then go home in a few hours.. instead I am now crippled with the necratizing pancreatitis.. but, there was a chance this would happen, and it happened, so I am not sure it's anyone fault,, except that my injury started when on active duty many years ago.. because of chemical exposure and illness...

Oh yeah, when I was complaining about having the severe pain for many years, I then felt a very large mass.. nad it was pushing out of my stomach area under the ribs, and not only could I see the huge bulge, but it felt like I swallowed a softball and it was trying ot break out like in the alien movies.. the docotrs said they could not detect anything there even with their hands.. the next year.. it turned out to be a massive cyst on my pancreas.. 8 cm in size, pushing on my duodenum.. stomach, and intestines.. that was what led to the operation story above this paragraph.. which they finally acknowledged when the Cat Scan showed the massive cyst..

the next thing is having had I am HIV positive in my medical records when I am not HIV positive,, it's just they kept testing me and losing the tests,, then soemone entered that I have it in my medical records.. when in fact I am not HIV positive..

The VA hospital and nurses, and doctors have treated me very good..

===========================

My story is over at vawatchdog due to my VARO sending me a VCAA regarding a "menstrual disorder". I am male, and I am service-connected for prostatitis.

The Fox news editor asked me if I know of anyone else with VA horror stories. Now is our time to stand up and be counted, people.

Mail me glennmcbride@gmail.com for more info.

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to the VA dentist once and he was supposed to do a filling. He stopped and said that he could not do the procedure because I had a history of strokes. This was not true. Yes, the VA had mixed my records up with another vet. These kinds of errors could be fatal in another situation.