VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Presumptive Within One Year

Rate this question

iraqrecall

Question

Ok maybe I am just dumb but heres my question.

If a disability is claimed with in one year of discharge is it considered presumptive?

I have had some medical problems arise after discharge but prior to one year but have been denied because of no nexus in my active duty medical records.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think they just want the Veterans to shut up, give up and go away. Their form of Paper work reduction.

Even the VSO dont seem to know about this one.

This s NOT some new law-

An NOD is still timely if filed within one year of the decision.

EXCEPT FOR contested claims ( there are few and far between) and apportionment claims- claims regarding separation and divorce.

Here is an appointment claim:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files1/1000123.txt

I posted a contested claims here some time ago- these types of contested claims arise when the veteran might have more than one spouse.at the same time-

Or two women who claim to be widows of the vet are contesting who DIC should be awarded to-

I cannot tell if this is the case in this vet's situation here.Maybe this reg applies to him - not sure- we need more info-

but the last thing we need is for vets -who contested and apportionment rules don't apply to -to start thinking they only have 60 days to file a NOD-

Read the regulation.

Took all this back to my VSO today and said that the web site is incorrect, I am finding this all rather confusing when one part of VA says no your denial is final and the other says no its still open for a NOD...