VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Idea On What This Does For My Claim For Iu

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

I had a C/P exam for increase of my back (IVDS) ROM lumbar spine flexion with pain 0-30 extnesion with pain is 0-10 lateral flexion right and left with pain 0-12 and roatation right and left with pain is 0-20. (?) gynometer used for measurement

The ROM of the lumbar Spine as measured above is not additionally limited following repative use. (?)

Physical examination: The Lumbar Spine is Positive for grade 2 Spasm and tenderness. Straight leg raises are positve at 20 degrees for nuerological complaints. Left Gastrocnemious is 358cm compared to 42cm on right Gastrocnemious. Dep tendon relfexes are intact. Sensory is dimished in the L4-5 dermatome and gait is antalgic with crutches.

Clinical DIagnostic studies: there is Lumbar Degenarative disk disease with evidenice of Lumbar Radiculopathy.

Diagnosis Degenerative disk disease with Bilateral Lumbar radiculopathy and Gastrocnemius atrophy of the left lower extremity, Muscle group 11 on the right.

I put this up here as some I understand but there are those on the board who know what this means. I have been falling on account of the left leg being about uselss and I have to use crutches to get around. I told him the Meds I am on keep me from driving and I have to aviod taking them if I have to go to the Doctors the meds are for my back but I avoid taking the chance of hurting myself or others driving and taking the meds. I look forward to anyones Idea if this exam will help me at all. I put in for IU as I am 80% at the present time witht he breakdown of 10% 30% 60% 10% 10%. I appriciate the time. Adios

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Its all about your doctor put in writing, that you are unemployable now, and and you will not be gainful employable in the future.

Good luck

mobie

Its all about your doctor put in writing, that you are unemployable now, and and you will not be gainful employable in the future.

Good luck

mobie

Thanks I am working on that next week I hope as my Civ nuero surgeon told me to come in and see him as he is behind me having the surgery rather than suffering through the current condition I am in. I asked for the VA to look at my current condition as to what my back should rated at according to what it is today. I can tell you one thing I have looked at and according to their guidlines I "should" be under the IU as I am 80% total right now but who knows where this ride will stop. I am glad that spring is here it has been a hard witner for me thanks for the input....

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks I am working on that next week I hope as my Civ nuero surgeon told me to come in and see him as he is behind me having the surgery rather than suffering through the current condition I am in. I asked for the VA to look at my current condition as to what my back should rated at according to what it is today. I can tell you one thing I have looked at and according to their guidlines I "should" be under the IU as I am 80% total right now but who knows where this ride will stop. I am glad that spring is here it has been a hard witner for me thanks for the input....

Make sure and file for TDIU using the correct form:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

Make sure and file for TDIU using the correct form:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

Thanks Larry other than the wording is this form different than the one I used about 2 years ago? Not that I am not going to use it rather will this slow the slow train I am on now to make it go even slower? I need all the help I can get figuring out where the spider holes are they are weaving for me some time. Look forward to any thoughts on how to see what the ROM helps or hurts my chances of IU. Hell I can barely move around I guess holding out a cup and begging for money in the subway is still in thier eyes gainful employment. LOL Adios

• HadIt.com Elder

Hold off on anything till you get the answer. I suspect that if you are currently not working and you should have provided information on this already and you are 80% and can't work you should get a positive answer.

Do you get Social Security Disability it is important to tell VA if you do?

Hold off on anything till you get the answer. I suspect that if you are currently not working and you should have provided information on this already and you are 80% and can't work you should get a positive answer.

Do you get Social Security Disability it is important to tell VA if you do?

Thanks Pete Yes I have SSD but it is for other issues. I did want to ask is that one of the Issues is for Migraines vascular in nature I am going to ask my Nuerologist that When I was retired for Migraines that if my SC hypertension affects the migraines. Me myself being the owner of this old beat up body I know when my blood pressure gets sky high I get a migraine but you got to get a medical Doctor to say it. Have a good morning and thanks for the help...