VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non Combat Ptsd

Rate this question

Groundforce

Question

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to start off by saying to all of you thank you for your service. I have a question regarding non combat ptsd. I am currently 30% for multiple trauma after being severly injured and knocked unconcious for 10 minutes from fracturing my skull after it went through a windshield i also broke both of my legs my hip and shoulder after being hit by a van as i was walking across the street on to the base. This accident happened in the mid to late 90's. I was awarded 30% in 2001. I got out in 2000, not a medical discharge. I was recalled back to active duty for one year after 911. I worked at job where I had to maintain a top secret clerance so I was unable to talk about or be treated for ptsd. My question is I was diagnosed with Ptsd in 2008 after I started to loose it. I then qouit therapy because it was to stressful, i started therapy again in 2009 and been taking plenty of meds and am currently starting CBT therapy. I just wondering what you guys think in reference to the large time gap beteween the accident and me filing for ptsd, i filled about a month ago. Thanks for your help.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Contact your local VSO and inform them of what has happened. They should be able to take care of setting everything up for you. (It's their job really) If you're a member of the American Legion, DAV, or any other representing group let them know also to double your tracks. Persistance is key on any claim.

Thank you for your service!

Need some advice. Was sent for a C&P exam back on May 18th. When i got there i was told i had been sent for wrong exam.I need the intial exam and Va had sent me for a follow up. Is there anyone who can help with getting one rescheduled or is it just a matter of waiting on Va. Nam VET 69-70