VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Posting Pic Over 2 Mb

gp747

Ok i tried posting pics a little over 2mb and would not post tried a little under 2mb and would post.

So how do i post a pic a little over 2mb ,is there a way to reduce it or another trick i do not know ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• In Memoriam

You can open the picture in several programs and change things. You can reduce the size or even change the format. If you change a .jpg to a .bmp, format of the file, you can shrink the picture in size. If you have a program like photo shop, you can change the picture in many ways, saving space.

I have used Microsoft Publisher for many years. You can change the size of the picture easily, as well as changing the picture to any format, or put many pictures together. like below.

post-167-1272044705_thumb.jpg

Stretch is correct on this however I will add in my two cents of advice, minus 10 cents in tax....

Alot of even the basic picture editor programs (MS Paint, etc) will allow you to open the picture and to save it as a different format. For example, if the picture is a *.GIF file or similar i would not at all be suprised if it is 2MB in size, resave it as a *.jpg and it should go down rather nicely.

Some picture editing programs (such as Microsoft Publisher and Photoshop I believe) may even allow you to lower the image quality/size/resolution/etc. Lower quality typically means lower size.

You may even be able to find free programs online to convert the file formats/reduce the sizes, however as with anything from the internet... caution is advised.

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to do some fast picture resizing. It comes with all Windows package as a standard. Once you have called it up, just go to edit pictures, then to compress pictures and then choose what type of reduction you want (documents, web pages, E-mail messages). You then save it in a JPEG format. It's quick and easy and you can always undo if you still do not like the memory size, before saving it. I use it when I don't want to spend a lot of time with Adobe Photoshop.