VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Dm Ii

Rate this question

rotorhead

Question

Hello brother and sisters on hadit.com these are the results from last weeks C&P for DM II.

Problem; Diabetes II

Age at onset; 58

Circumstances and Initial Manifestations; The veteran began having high blood sugar readings in 2005.

He has developed Htn, severe CAD, and Peripheral Neuropathy and ED.

Course since onset; Stable.

Current Treatment; Oral Medication, (metformin 250mg) ADA Diet, and Exercise.

Does the veteran have Diabetes; Yes

Type of Diabetes; Type II

Potential Diabetes Complications Found: CAD, Htn, Kidney Disease, Neurologic Disease, "Other" Diabetic Conditions.

DIAGNOSTIC DETAILS OF POTENTIAL DIABETIC COMPLICATIONS:

Microalbuminuria

Is this a complication of Diabetes: Yes

Peripheral Polyneuropathy: L&R Feet, L&R Hands.

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of moderate to severe numbness, tingling, and burning pain in bilateral hands, toes and feet and medial aspect of mid-thighs.

He has failed two medications used for this condition and is currently on a third medication.

Course since onset: Progressively worse.

Hypertension

Erectile Dysfunction: Contributing cause, Diabetic Neuropathy due to Type II DM

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of progressive ED. This condition is now almost complete. He has failed oral medications.

This has moderate effect on relations with wife.

Effects of Diabetes on daily activities:

Chores: Moderate

Sports: Prevents

Exercise: Severe

Travel: Moderate

Recreation: Moderate

Diet: Moderate

All in all I think I had a good evaluation from the C&P Examiner. My first impression was that I was deep dodo, so just goes to show you that you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Appointment in AM at private eye Doc for Retinopathy.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Chief

I would fight that 0% rating for my feet for PN. I was denied for upper PN and granted 10% for feet. I appealed and got 10% for upper via a DRO hearing. You run a much bigger risk with PN of the feet from DMII. You don't hear too often of guys with DMII losing a hand from infections via PN, but you read about this being the case with PN and feet. I had a very minor procedure done on my foot. It has taken about 6 weeks for the damn thing to heal. That is part of DMII. I got a wound infection as well.

I would have fought it, but with the addition of my PTSD and the PN I hit 100% schedular, and was awarded P & T. Thus, it doesn't make sense for me to bang my head against the wall fighting the VA for more percentage on my feet, they SC'd for it so if anything does go wrong I am covered.

Does my reasoning make sense? I can't get more than 100% right?