VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd With Depressive Symptoms, Anxiety And Insomnia

Rate this question

Sapper

Question

I was rated 50% PTSD almost a year ago. I have since appealed this for an increase, because my symptoms seem worse, and I have found additional proof of traumatic events. In my very first claim, I reported Anxiety and Insomnia also. They denied me all of it, until I sent in my first bit of proof of PTSD. (Sworn Statements from traumatic events) When it came through, it said... post traumatic stress disorder with depressive symptoms, 50 percent. I'm guessing my Anxiety and Insomnia were still denied. I am heading out to the VA next week for my appeal C&P. Do I need to point out specifically to this examiner that I have anxiety and insomnia? Or are they going to give me the run around telling me that those are all balled into the PTSD claim? I stated to him I was having horrible luck sleeping, and have many of the signs of Anxiety. Also, a final question I have, What is the rating scale for Anxiety and Insomnia? I've tried looking on 38 CFR, but it seems as if they use the same scale as PTSD. (Meaning there are all the same symptoms.

Any advice is greatly appricated. I look forward to hearing more on this topic, as I have been reading off of this website for the past few months, and has helped me greatly in stating my claim to the VA.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Larry,

Dang, this one got me. After reading your last post I actually, finally, pulled up a 21-526EZ and took

a gander at it. I think you are 100 percent right as this form can also be used for secondary and much more.

Does the vet submitting a 21-526EZ have to use a rep ?

Can an Original Claim for SC be done on the 21-526EZ ?

Thanks for setting me in line on this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry,

Dang, this one got me. After reading your last post I actually, finally, pulled up a 21-526EZ and took

a gander at it. I think you are 100 percent right as this form can also be used for secondary and much more.

Does the vet submitting a 21-526EZ have to use a rep ? Well, I would say that IF you are fortunate enough to have a GOOD vet rep, then, YES..........for the simple reason that you NEED very much to have a COMPLETE claim, and a good rep will KNOW what is a complete claim and how to build one.

Can an Original Claim for SC be done on the 21-526EZ ? I do not know. Seriously, I don't. I don't see how the VA can get all the necessary information from the "EZ" form. And, by that I mean your dependents info, stuff like that. I don't know if they would just go ahead and "work" the claim with the information that is on the "EZ" form, and, if the claim is granted, then they could gather what OTHER information that would be needed? There is, obviously, a bunch of crap on the LONG form (21-526) that is NOT needed in about 98% of the claims, and I'm speaking of original claims here. I haven't had the opportunity to start a really new, serious, claim in a couple of weeks (I've been having some troubles with MY service-connected disability, and haven't gotten out much the last couple weeks, been taking too much "medication" to be runnin' up and down the highway). Anyway, anybody here want to give it a try? I wouldn't guarantee the outcome.........but, then, I never do!

Thanks for setting me in line on this. You're welcome carlie...........it is just a discovery that I made..........and, I didn't know if filling one out would be any different than using the 21-4138 or doing it by long-hand, or whatever.............until my vet called me and said: "HEY, LARRY, I just got CALLED for a C&P for my PTSD claim that we turned in LAST WEEK! Yup, I'd have to say, that there is a damn-sight better than ANY other results that I've gotten from the VA, oh, say, in the last SIX YEARS!

I'm tired, girl, I think I'm gonna nod off for a while!