VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Experinced This Problem

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I met with my Civillian Surgeon today who is wiling to put it in writing that my current back condition and after my surgery I am unemployable due to the effects of constant pain and the Fushion on my back not allowing movement. His opinion is that looking at my records treatment records and MRI prior to surgery my back is not productive of allowing me to work a gainfull job. I think what helped was the VA examiner who listed the limits of ROM and the fact that after 2 surgeries I am still unable to walk without crutches and I have been falling a lot. It is funny I have told this to 2 or 3 other Doctors/surgeons but none of them wanted to offer me any help. I have been fighting for this since my back went south on me 2 years ago. Any Ideas on where I could find a template of letters or what the letters have to say? I asked him about what the chances were that my back would get me back to being normal or close to being normal. I was told that since I am having 4 disc and the nerve damage that has already occured over time surgery along with physical theraphy might help but he would not be willing to go out on a limb to promise anything other than that.

I have not let the orignal claim for Unemployability laspe or go oen year without submiting new evidence will the orignial claim date of where I asked for IU still hold true? Adios and thanks for all your help....

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to provide this latest nfo to VA and ask them to reconsider their decision. However don't forget that your time limit is 1 year after the date of the letter that notified you of the decision. If this was me I woudl ask for a hearing,

You need to provide this latest nfo to VA and ask them to reconsider their decision. However don't forget that your time limit is 1 year after the date of the letter that notified you of the decision. If this was me I woudl ask for a hearing,

Thanks Pete Where I am is just after my C/P exam where I thought they are going to give me the shaft or low ball me I figured I should try to get a surgeons opinion on my current condition and what are the long term effects after my surgery. It is depressing to hear a surgeon tell me the fact I am not going to do what I had expected but with my back and the shape it is in I understand I am still waiting on to hear "when" the VA will schedule the surgery. You can be sure as soon as I get the letter from the Doctor stating I am unemployable based on my SC condition I will send it off to the VA. I figure normally they take thier time responding now that I have something to submit it will go through fast as all get out. Would be a first as I know they are not not that speedy about granting a vets claim but I had heard they are fast to lower your rating. Have a good day...