VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For A Blank Copy For A Will Acceptable In Any State

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I'm posting this in Claims/Research/Benefits as it will probably get viewed more here.

Does anyone have a blank copy of an acceptable Last Will and Testament for any state ?

If so, is it possible to scan and post it here.

I can get blank forms, from VA for a Living Will and Designation of Medical Surrogate

but I'm looking for a blank Last Will and Testament.

I feel it is important for all people to have this filled out and of record.

Thanks,

carlie

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its not free but I have bought blank legal forms from Office Depot for what I remember a reasonable amount

This site might have what you need Carlie.

http://www.freelinks.com/forms/will.php

It pays to check out the laws for the state you live in as some wills can be challenged due to state laws.

For example some states require all children to be named in a will -but as long as they are left $1.00 they then cannot challenge a will that leaves most of the money to other beneficiaries.

Other states let one leave their money as they wish to anyone and can omit next of kin people.

Wills have to be filed with the County clerk or surrogate's office (forget where) when death occurs-but that is usually the first time the will (which goes to probate court) is actually revealed to any beneficiaries.At that time anyone can usually have public access to read the will.(In most states)

I used to work for lawyers and saw some odd stuff regarding wills.A vet who is going to do some work on my decks is having a heck of a time with his dad's will.He is the executor of estate

It was quite specific but his brothers are fighting over it all.They started fighting the night of the funeral.Fortunately he has a lawyer whop is setting them straight.

Death brings out the worse and the best in relatives.It always pays to have a will and to let the beneficiaries know where it is. (dont put it into a safe deposit box.the bank can freeze it with the assets)

I paid very little to have my lawyer handle my will and health care proxy. A lawyer handling it can often be the best bet.

I'm posting this in Claims/Research/Benefits as it will probably get viewed more here.

Does anyone have a blank copy of an acceptable Last Will and Testament for any state ?

If so, is it possible to scan and post it here.

I can get blank forms, from VA for a Living Will and Designation of Medical Surrogate

but I'm looking for a blank Last Will and Testament.

I feel it is important for all people to have this filled out and of record.

Thanks,

carlie

I don't know if you have found what you need, but "legal zoom" offers the forms. It is a web site created by Robert Scapiro who was one of OJ simpsons attorneys. Anyway try it, hope it helps.

Bergie

http://www.legalzoom.com/

Edited by *Bergie*

I don't know if you have found what you need, but "legal zoom" offers the forms. It is a web site created by Robert Scapiro who was one of OJ simpsons attorneys. Anyway try it, hope it helps.

Bergie

http://www.legalzoom.com/

yeah, I got a last will from one of those legal website for about $10.. it might have been on sale.. but still, shop around, there are several legal website, like legal zoom, legal zoom is a bit more expensive than some other websites with the same forms..

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm going to agree w/Berta in that death brings out the worst and best in all families. I also agree that you should hire an attorney, to handle the will. Actually, I suggest, if you own anything of value, outright, such as real property, you consider a revokable living trust, as it allows your beneficiary(s) immediate control, upon your death. Trying to avoid attorneys fees can cost in a long run. While purchasing online or general will forms online, unless they've been reviewed and approved by an attorney they could be invalid, causing your beneficairy(s) long delays in providing the benefits you desired. jmo

pr