VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Usaf Cscrcd

Rate this question

DuRock

Question

Does anyone have any experience with the USAF Compat-Related Special Compensation Disablities program. It is my undersanding that it is a seperate program all together from the VA and provides a monthly compensation for disablities incurred in a combat zone or combat activities. I am enterested in finding out if any of the AO presumptives would or will qualify under their guidelines. Please let me hear from you on this subject as I can certainly prove service in Vietnam and combat activity through decorations and job duties.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, AO presumptive does qualify. You can google the subject and get all the info on it. You have to be a 20 year retired vet to get it. What it allows is for military retirees to get their retirement and compensation for disabilies without an offset. If you did not retire from the military forget it.

Yes, AO presumptive does qualify. You can google the subject and get all the info on it. You have to be a 20 year retired vet to get it. What it allows is for military retirees to get their retirement and compensation for disabilies without an offset. If you did not retire from the military forget it.

Thanks for the input, that cleared a lot of the mystery up for me.

DuRock

• HadIt.com Elder

Durock

No special compensation for us Vietnam vets who did not retire from the military. I think we should get something for being poisoned by AO. Under current rules most of will die from an AO related condition. Either heart or cancer is going to get you. If they add stroke and a few more things there will be 100% chance of us dying from AO. Of course, by the time this happens there will only be 10 Vietnam vets left alive. The average age of RVN vets has got to be at least 60 years. That gives us about 20 more years to get all AO possible presumptives to get the OK. Ultimately, you can go to your grave knowing the US government and DOW killed you.

Durock

No special compensation for us Vietnam vets who did not retire from the military. I think we should get something for being poisoned by AO. Under current rules most of will die from an AO related condition. Either heart or cancer is going to get you. If they add stroke and a few more things there will be 100% chance of us dying from AO. Of course, by the time this happens there will only be 10 Vietnam vets left alive. The average age of RVN vets has got to be at least 60 years. That gives us about 20 more years to get all AO possible presumptives to get the OK. Ultimately, you can go to your grave knowing the US government and DOW killed you.

You are right on the money, I gave them 7 years of my life and now I am going to die from IHF, PAD, PN and a host of other things that hit me at age 49, much too young for this kind of thing. Now i am 58 and figure I am one of the young ones since I was on the last flight to leave Vietnam with my commanding officer at Tan Son Nhut. Closed down 3 Air Bases over there and each one had been heavly sprayed with the stuff and I worked as peremiter guard right in the middle of where they sprayed for 12 hours a day. I haven't been rated yet, just waiting to see what happens in the next couple of months. We all just need to hang in there and not loose hope. I do know now that when everything settles down I will be claiming everything that is wrong with me even though it is not a presumptive now it may become one at a later date and I don't want to miss out on any retro money like I am going to on these 3 new ones. Not filing for IHF sooner has cost me a ton of money, that's what I get for doing the right thing and not filing for it I guess.

As most of you here on Hadit I to waited way too long to apply for benefits that we EARNED by stepping up and going where we were ordered to go. Most of us will be long gone before this Agent Orange FUBAR is finally done. Me personally, I have made darn sure someone in my family has all the information to keep on with my claims. I try real hard not to get up on a soap box and vilify the persons responsible for poisoning us. The intend for straying was to deny the enemy a place to hide. My anger come from the fact that they knew after the fact that we were dying at a much larger rate than other war veterans. Now is the time for the Veterans Administration to man up as we did and let us have what we are due. I get so sad when I go to the VA hospital and see the hell that been put on us. GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN VETERAN, AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

I apologize in advance to anyone who I might have offended, but sometimes I have the need to say something to someone who knows how I feel, and what we face in our daily battles to just make it one more day.

Kindest Regards, Dave.

PS. Thank the the lord for the Hadit.com site. I must have been divine intervention for me finding it.

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...aring-crsc-crdp

also if you put CRSC /CRDP into the search here on top of Claims Research much more will pop up.