VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arng Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

EthanAllen

Question

New to the site, tried posting and do not see my post so I will try a second time. VA diagnosed Chronic PTSD, MDD, GAD, and agoraphobia. Trauma occurred 25 years ago while on weekend drill with army national guard. I served in the Regular Army also. Just want to know do I have the same rights for disability compensation since I was on weekend drill status. File my claim 4 months ago and said they could not see where this happened on active duty. I am nervous about this process and my PTSD is kicking into overdrive worrying that I will be denied. Had symptoms all those years and thought I was the "crazy uncle" in the family. Thank God some veterans noticed my behavior and pointed me in the right direction. Thanks for any advice and what a comfort to know I can come here and have my own private, dont have to talk to anyone therapy session. This site is great.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Roger that Pete, feel the same way. I get the chills thinking of being caught with a room full of people. Claustrophobia is unreal. Lines at a store are the worst because everyone is in a hurry and they want to crawl up your back. I start to do the same as you when I feel the panic starting to set in. I do not have xanax though. My most effective response has been just to leave the venue if not my panic turns to anger and I just want to smack whoever gets near me. It took me a few months just to be able to converse on this forum let alone strike a conversation out in public. As usual these days I am just rambling and forgetting what I was talking about. Gotta check out...