VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hello From Kentucky

Rate this question

1lonewolf

Question

Hello fellow vets, I am a SC vet from Kentucky originally who served in the U.S. Army from 1988-1991 in both the Panama and Desert Storm. I was then a government contractor for 19 years. I am now disabled and going through the process that everyone else one here is. I never wanted to go back to the VA and have only been there for surgery in 97 since I was discharged. I did my best to work all these years and deal with my pain from feet reconstruction but now these injuries have caused my hips and lower back to be completely destroyed due to my size and abnormal gate all these years(walking on my heals to aleviate pain and discomfort! My feet do not bend. This has cause traumatic injuries to my hips and lower back over time and now my lower back is in such bad shape that they will not even operate on it. I was truly hoping for some type of surgery to give me relief when I starting going after all these years but for me there is none. I have to take heavy pain killers after all these years of taking nothing and get nerve burns in my 5 lower spine joints(both sides) every six months. I never thought that all my years of dealing with my disability on my own would result in me being totally disabled now and fighting for my compensation with the VA. I am currenty 40 % Sc for feet and hips and have just recieved on increase to 60 %. I have not gotten any result as of yet on my examination for lower spine secondary to my initial SC condition. I also have Barretts Esophagus from taking Motrin all these years but have not applied for any SC on that. I wear leg braces and walk with a cane. This forum and all my brothers on it are my guiding light and my social saviour as I have lost my career and everything else because of this. I have been unemployed and going to the VA for almost 2 years now sometimes twice a week for appointments. It saddens my how we are sometimes treated and the process we have to endure under financial and physical conditions to get what we deserve while our government hands out money right and left to 3rd world countries and to Welfare programs that people lean on when in most situations they do not deserve. We are Veterans, We are why this country is Free and we deserve better than what we have to go through! I seek your advice and will do my best to help others. Thank you for everything Hadit and all of my brothers in arms that are on here!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

you are home here - welcome.